Coil Over Shock Advice

Loomer

Guest
I want to reloace my Fox 2.25" stroke with a 2.5" stroke shock. Any
recomendations? I figure my rear travel with go from 5" to about 6.6" or am
I wrong?

"Loomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I want to reloace my Fox 2.25" stroke with a 2.5" stroke shock. Any
> recomendations? I figure my rear travel with go from 5" to about 6.6" or

am
> I wrong?

The question is, can your bike's geometry be able to take a larger stroke
shock with more travel?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Loomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I want to reloace my Fox 2.25" stroke with a 2.5" stroke shock. Any
> > recomendations? I figure my rear travel with go from 5" to about 6.6"

or
> am
> > I wrong?

> The question is, can your bike's geometry be able to take a larger stroke
> shock with more travel?
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Yes I measured it out and it looks good. My head tude angle is very slack
with a 5" travel fork (03 haro extreme frame).

Check it out here...

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=187545

I think the frame could actually handle a 2.75" stroke shock but I think
that would be too much.

So any tips on the shock of choice? I want to stay with coil over for the
drops and hits.

"Loomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yes I measured it out and it looks good. My head tude angle is very slack
> with a 5" travel fork (03 haro extreme frame).
>
> Check it out here...
>
> http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=187545
>
> I think the frame could actually handle a 2.75" stroke shock but I think
> that would be too much.
>
> So any tips on the shock of choice? I want to stay with coil over for the
> drops and hits.

Fox Vanilla RC or Progressive 5th Element.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!