.....heh heh heh

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88
Check out my videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla
http://www.usenet.com

I don't buy that for a second, and the "speed" indicator cannot be seen
clearly. It also looked like someone sped up the video a tad. Still, to
me it looked like it was far slower than the alleged 29mph; indeed more
like maybe 15mph. Also, if he really *was* hitting that speed, he'd be
peddaling 3x that fast...as it is it looks like a very liesurely pace.
Nice try though!:rolleyes:

PS: Yeah, I saw your "hee hee" so I know it's a goof! :)

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict wrote:
> I don't buy that for a second, and the "speed" indicator cannot be seen
> clearly. It also looked like someone sped up the video a tad. Still, to
> me it looked like it was far slower than the alleged 29mph; indeed more
> like maybe 15mph. Nice try though!:rolleyes:

15mph? No way, I say -atleast- 24mph.

--
Brian O.

mscalisi wrote:
> We only need one 36" rim, one that doesn't suck. A properly sized KH rim
> (like the 29er only larger) would be awesome.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.
http://www.usenet.com

Brian O. wrote:
> 15mph? No way, I say -atleast- 24mph.

Again, look at how *slow* he's pedalling! To achieve that AMAZING speed,
you'd be pedalling so fast it would be a blur! Unless he's using like
10mm cranks!:p

Btw, 29mph is considerably faster than a roadbike average! If anything,
it was 29*KM*, which is roughly 18mph. But that's still faster than he
was going. HAha, I've seen more convincing UFO footage.

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> Again, look at how *slow* he's pedalling! To achieve that AMAZING speed,
> you'd be pedalling so fast it would be a blur! Unless he's using like
> 10mm cranks!:p

Nah, I hit around 31mph the other day, I'd get footage but my camera is
broken. Its not really that tough.

I welded my pedals directly to the hub, crank arms are for whimps.

--
Brian O.

Brian O. wrote:
> Nah, I hit around 31mph the other day, I'd get footage but my camera is
> broken. Its not really that tough.
>
> * I welded my pedals directly to the hub*, crank arms are for whimps.

Haha, that's *my* line! :rolleyes: Good one huh?

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> Haha, that's *my* line! :rolleyes: Good one huh?

Maybe its your line, but its my hub, and I did it.

--
Brian O.

Brian O. wrote:
> Maybe its your line, but its my hub, and I did it.

Cool, so you have the first "Coker BC!" Sort of! I'd like to see you try
to "idle" on that! ANd yeah, cranks are for wimps...and while you're at
it, why not lose the saddle, the frame and that pesky tire; then you'd
really have a challenge! You'd be all set for some fun slacklining! :)

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> Cool, so you have the first "Coker BC!" Sort of! I'd like to see you try
> to "idle" on that! ANd yeah, cranks are for wimps...and while you're at
> it, why not lose the saddle, the frame and that pesky tire; then you'd
> really have a challenge! You'd be all set for some fun slacklining! :)

Are you suggesting that I would have kept the rim too? No way terry,
spokes and a hub are all I need to get cruising.

--
Brian O.

mscalisi wrote:
> We only need one 36" rim, one that doesn't suck. A properly sized KH rim
> (like the 29er only larger) would be awesome.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.
http://www.usenet.com

it's because the thing that show your speed don't work that great with
unicycles/bikes. One time I was going down a hill at like 25 mph (I
have a computer on my bike) and the thing showed that I was going like
37, so it isn't accurate on things other than cars.

--
carsonpalooza

Carson, MR addict
-Do you ever get the feeling that someone has just made a pretty good
joke, but it's gone right over your head, and you really have no idea
what's going on?-
-monkeyman
http://www.usenet.com

It said 9 for me. I'm sure I could hit 11 or 12 briefly, but I had to
dart out into traffic to get the take. In his case I am sure it was
picking up a vehicle behind him. It is difficult to get a reading for
your 36 unless you are out in the lane and there is no one else on the
road.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

I don't buy it either. I have had my fair share of high speed fly-by's
on sportbikes(motorcycles) past those police boxes, and that has a
highly reflective headlamp lens. Most times they can't even pick up a
motorcycle, or a car without a front plate on it let alone a coker.
There's no way it's going to pick up a skinny ass unicyclist:D

--
SARIN

http://www.MySpace.com/X_oskeletal
http://www.usenet.com

if you notice the thing is glitching and saying 25 and 29 the whole
time.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

I'm just waiting for Chexjc to post...he must be laughing his ass off
right now!:D

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

yeah a coker works out to be about 10 rpm per 1 mph. definitely not 290
rpm.

--
2pac
http://www.usenet.com

Unless there's a Schlumpf in that wheel! :D

--
unisk8r
http://www.usenet.com

maybe the speed camera thingy was measuring the speed of his forward
pedal stroke or the top of his wheel as it was coming towards the
camera, which would give a false, faster reading ?

maybe.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
http://www.usenet.com

iridemymuni wrote:
> maybe the speed camera thingy was measuring the speed of his forward
> pedal stroke or the top of his wheel as it was coming towards the
> camera, which would give a false, faster reading ?
>
> maybe.

I agree with you on this one. :D

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition:D. :D
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com

iridemymuni wrote:
> maybe the speed camera thingy was measuring the speed of his forward
> pedal stroke or the top of his wheel as it was coming towards the
> camera, which would give a false, faster reading ?
>
> maybe.

Mmmmmm nope :)

Of course it isn't real. But thats not what happened. And the video was
not edited whatsoever.