Col de la Croix de Fer question

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob Schwartz, May 4, 2003.

  1. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    How did the col get its name? I mean, I know about the cross at the top, I've seen it. What I'm
    wondering is what meaning, if any, the cross has. Who put it there and why, and why was this such an
    event as to cause the landform to be named after it?

    I'm just curious. Someone asked me this the other day and I had no clue. So I spent some time with
    search engines and I wasn't able to turn up any history of the landmark, at least not in English.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > How did the col get its name? I mean, I know about the cross at the top, I've seen it. What I'm
    > wondering is what meaning, if any, the cross has. Who put it there and why, and why was this such
    > an event as to cause the landform to be named after it?

    Who knows why those goddamn Christians do the shit they do.

  3. Swampy

    Swampy Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "hold my beer and watch this..."
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Who knows why those goddamn Christians do the shit they do.

    usually you get kill-filed but this was pretty funny

  4. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    hold my beer and watch this... <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Who knows why those goddamn Christians do the shit they do.

    I was hoping Davide might be able to help me out. He seems to understand this stuff and most likely
    everyone involved was white.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]