Col de la Croix de Fer question

Bob Schwartz

Guest
How did the col get its name? I mean, I know about the cross at the top, I've seen it. What I'm
wondering is what meaning, if any, the cross has. Who put it there and why, and why was this such an
event as to cause the landform to be named after it?

I'm just curious. Someone asked me this the other day and I had no clue. So I spent some time with
search engines and I wasn't able to turn up any history of the landmark, at least not in English.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Who knows why those goddamn Christians do the **** they do.

hold my beer and watch this... <[email protected]> wrote:

> Who knows why those goddamn Christians do the **** they do.

I was hoping Davide might be able to help me out. He seems to understand this stuff and most likely
everyone involved was white.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]