Colbago Master sizing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Smokva, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. Smokva

    Smokva Guest

    Hi! I have a chance of getting an Colnago Master frame very cheap. The problem is that the frame is
    59cm, and I'm afraid it could be be too small. I'm 188cm with inseam of 91cm....anyone knows will I
    be able to make this frame comfortable for riding with some longer stem and seatpost.. Been doing
    some calculating and think that Colnago 62cm would be perfect choice for me....but I might be wrong.

    Tags:

  2. Smokva

    Smokva Guest

    that should be Colnago in subject :)))

  3. Ari

    Ari Guest

    whats so special about the colnago master that you need to squeeze into a smaller size just to be
    able to ride one?

    "smokva" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi! I have a chance of getting an Colnago Master frame very cheap. The problem is that the frame
    > is 59cm, and I'm afraid it could be be too
    small.
    > I'm 188cm with inseam of 91cm....anyone knows will I be able to make this
    frame comfortable for riding with some longer stem and seatpost..
    > Been doing some calculating and think that Colnago 62cm would be perfect
    choice for me....but I might be wrong.

  4. Smokva

    Smokva Guest

    "ari" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >whats so special about the colnago master that you need to squeeze into a smaller size just to be
    >able to ride one?

    price...a friend of mine will sell it very, very cheap...and my budget is low so I cant afford
    myself a fancy new frame

  5. Ari

    Ari Guest

    how much?

  6. In article <[email protected]>, smokva <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi! I have a chance of getting an Colnago Master frame very cheap. The problem is that the frame is
    >59cm, and I'm afraid it could be be too small. I'm 188cm with inseam of 91cm....anyone knows will I
    >be able to make this frame comfortable for riding with some longer stem and seatpost..

    I think it's too small but not impossible to ride.

    >Been doing some calculating and think that Colnago 62cm would be perfect choice for me....but I
    >might be wrong.

    That sounds like a better choice.

    --Paul

  7. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "ari" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > how much?
    >

    > "smokva" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "ari" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > >whats so special about the colnago master that you need to squeeze into
    > > >smaller size just to be able to ride one?
    > >
    > > price...a friend of mine will sell it very, very cheap...and my budget
    is
    > low so I cant afford myself a fancy new frame

    A frame that is too small for you is not cheap, it is a very expensive item.

    Dashii

  8. Ari

    Ari Guest

  9. << The problem is that the frame is 59cm, and I'm afraid it could be be too small. I'm 188cm with
    inseam of 91cm..

    I'm 182cm and would ride a 59cm Colnago...

    Don't like to size with inseam but think this is way too small...