Cold and/or Flu

Tubbs

Jul 11, 2005
So it's that time of year again here in the northern hemisphere and man does it suck to catch a bug...

Any thoughts on the fastest way of getting rid of a cold so I can get back to training?

C'mon let's hear it... I'm open to all suggestions...

BTW... just out of curiosity... is there any research data on the effects of performance enhancing drugs ie. EPO on the imune system???

again... just curious.

Tubbs said:
So it's that time of year again here in the northern hemisphere and man does it suck to catch a bug...

Any thoughts on the fastest way of getting rid of a cold so I can get back to training?

BTW... just out of curiosity... is there any research data on the effects of performance enhancing drugs ie. EPO on the imune system???

again... just curious.
sleep
vitamin C
bedroom temperature
just looking after yourself
stay very well hydrated

simonbroekhuize said:
sleep
vitamin C
bedroom temperature
just looking after yourself
stay very well hydrated
Vitamin C
Good Multi Vitamin with Anti Oxidents
Ecinacia (Spelling)
Good Diet

This is what works for me.

EPO I do not know but pseudoephedrine boost the inmune system. I am not pro so I take sudafed to get rid of a cold simptoms. Also Vitamine C, zinc and O.J., a lot of liquids.

Tubbs said:

again... just curious.

Just two words to releave my mind:
pseudoephedrine is forbidden substance in most sports so do not take if you are competing or are going to compete in the future. Is sold over the counter, however make sense check with your doctor first.

jcueto said:
EPO I do not know but pseudoephedrine boost the inmune system. I am not pro so I take sudafed to get rid of a cold simptoms. Also Vitamine C, zinc and O.J., a lot of liquids.

Tubbs said:

Time. (Duration varies with which virus is causing the problem eg Influenza virus is often more severe and lasts over a week, coronavirus leads to shorter, less severe illness (usually)).

Extensive research has been done for other things like vitamin C & echinacea and have shown absolutley no difference between them & placebo. Thus - save your money.

Keep up your fluids as any degree of dehydration will make you feel worse.

Don't bother with cold & 'flu medications or cough medicine as they are more likely to cause a side effect than they are to make you better. Again, save your money.