Cold Finger Tips

litespeedguy

Sep 13, 2003
I've got some fairly expensive Pearlizumi gloves and have tried x-country ski gloves but from 0 to 20 degrees the finger tips still get cold - very cold !!

For a winter bike ride of about an hour at 10 degrees, does anyone have a solution for keeping the finger tips warm ??

Yup. You put these type gloves over your cycling gloves. Also, I can try putting the little warming packs in between the two gloves, on the back side.

Or, you can do what I do during the winter months. Stay home, eat bonbons and watch Oprah.

litespeedguy said:
I've got some fairly expensive Pearlizumi gloves and have tried x-country ski gloves but from 0 to 20 degrees the finger tips still get cold - very cold !!

For a winter bike ride of about an hour at 10 degrees, does anyone have a solution for keeping the finger tips warm ??

Silk under gloves and goretex ( or similar ) outer gloves .

ps you didn´t say if that´s centigrade , because 10 C isn´t that cold and even I can cope down to 8 C with out trouble - 10 F is another story .

meehs said:
Really? Do they work?

Neoprene rocks, great for scuba suits. I do a lot of cold weather plumbing work in late fall and I use a pair that rocks. Great grip.

el Inglés said:
Silk under gloves and goretex ( or similar ) outer gloves .

ps you didn´t say if that´s centigrade , because 10 C isn´t that cold and even I can cope down to 8 C with out trouble - 10 F is another story .

Here in sunny (?) spain it was -1 on the beach here at Benidorm this morning , snow fell a couple of nights ago - global warming my a..

Mi Amigo Loco, I love cycling too, but that's tooooo cold. A while ago I went out in the low 30s F and, after a rather fast descent, I discovered my....personality...had all but disappeared. It took a very long & hot bath, and my lovely girlfriend to coax it back out.

Stay inside, use a trainer/rollers, drink sangrea (sic).