Cold Steel Question?

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on me...could a Minus 30 Celsius outdoor
temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having? This is a serious question (I failed Physics
in College). So far I have (destroyed) 1 Skill Sabre saw (accidentally whacked it full blast with a
Hammer that missed the trike boom I aimed for). 1 Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel Cut-off
Discs, a Robertson and Philips head screwdrivers, 8 Jigsaw (metal cutter) blades, 1 Hammer claw
(snapped off and hit my overhead spotlamp...also now toast), 5 titanium drill bits, 2 hacksaw
blades, 1 Blow Torch tank went empty in the cold after I tried to heat up the boom. Oh Yeah and I
dented the boom with a poorly aimed Sledge Hammer.

I figured it was way too cold today to go riding....so I'd remove the bracket (welded) to the main
boom as a Seat support. There are 6 small metal clips welded to the boom for a RANS seat mount
(older type). All I wanted to do was remove the 6 two inch high X 2 inch wide clips and so far I
have probably caused about $300.00 in damage and wrecked the boom...making resale somewhat
difficult.

Oh Yeah...am working on the Tadpole outside, my wife fears (and justifiably so) that my mechanical
skills will destroy the apartment if I worked on the trike inside.

All I was doing was removing one RANS seat mount in order to mount a M5 Hard-shell, seemed so simple
last night when I thought about doing it...to kill time due to the awfully cold weather....who knew.

I am taking a rest now, but still have 3 brackets left to go....just waiting for me to begin again.
I can hear my local Hardware store cheering on my latest project.

So..before I return to the trike with what tools I have left, anyone know if the Cold is causing the
steel to resist (everything I am doing to
it)????????????

And people ask (why) I do NOT repair bikes!!!!

Under Funny stuff, not like gaga funny, more of a...Oh No... kinda funny. 2 days ago I completed the
Ultimate Trike seat, cool headrest, lumbar support, black Naugahyde, dense foam, 2 rolls of duct
tape (Red Green would be sooo proud). I mounted the 4 custom built support brackets (backwards),
then added the foam/vinyl etc. Point was the brackets were NOT supposed to BE backwards. When you
sit down and lean back...8 Steel Bolts pierced the Vinyl and darn near pierced me...ouch. Must've
broken a world speed record for jumping out of a tadpole seat. Seat is in the garbage dumpster
now...no way to reverse the brackets. So I figured....gee why not just remove the RANS seat mount
and install the M5 Hardshell....how hard could that be?

[...]

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on
> me...could a Minus 30 Celsius outdoor temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having? This
> is a serious question (I failed Physics in College). So far I have (destroyed) 1 Skill Sabre
> saw (accidentally whacked it full blast with a Hammer that missed the trike boom I aimed for).
> 1 Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel Cut-off Discs, >snip<

Okay, you didn't mention anything about an ordinary hacksaw, my favorite way to cut stuff off my
trike. Did you try that? I'm a bit afraid to suggest this, out fear for your trike. Perhaps if you
sent a picture, I could give some pointers. I'm sure the cold affects your dexterity, and perhaps
thinking. Like, "I'm going to hurry and cut this *&%$#@+ thing off so I can get back indoors."

later, Rorschandt

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on
> me...could a Minus 30 Celsius outdoor temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having? This
> is a serious question (I failed Physics in College). So far I have (destroyed) 1 Skill Sabre
> saw (accidentally whacked it full blast with a Hammer that missed the trike boom I aimed for).
> 1 Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel Cut-off Discs, >snip<

Okay, you didn't mention anything about an ordinary hacksaw, my favorite way to cut stuff off my
trike. Did you try that? I'm a bit afraid to suggest this, out fear for your trike. Perhaps if you
sent a picture, I could give some pointers. I'm sure the cold affects your dexterity, and perhaps
thinking. Like, "I'm going to hurry and cut this *&%$#@+ thing off so I can get back indoors."

later, Rorschandt

Ferrous alloys transition from elastic to brittle failure modes (and machining is controlled
'failure') at low temperatures specific to the metallurgy of the material.

This phenomena came to public attention with the brittle failure of Liberty ships while pierside and
in reasonably (for North Atlantic service) low temperatures.

I held up a million dollar yield test of air bottles on just this point. The machinery was exposed
to unexpectedly low temperatures - slightly sub-freezing - as I was about to inject water into large
air bottles at very high pressure - on the order of 10kpsi. As the volume injected into the bottles
rose the pressure increase should have risen linearly as long as the metal was in its elastic range.
The design conditions were for controlled temperatures though and no one was able to assure me that
the bottle's Reference Transition Temperature RTT was below the actual temp.

> [...]

> it)????????????
>
> And people ask (why) I do NOT repair bikes!!!!
>
> Under Funny stuff, not like gaga funny, more of a...Oh No... kinda funny. 2 days ago I completed
> the Ultimate Trike seat, cool headrest, lumbar support, black Naugahyde, dense foam, 2 rolls of
> duct tape (Red Green
would
> be sooo proud). I mounted the 4 custom built support brackets (backwards), then added the
> foam/vinyl etc. Point was the brackets were NOT supposed to BE backwards. When you sit down and
> lean back...8 Steel Bolts pierced the Vinyl and darn near pierced me...ouch. Must've broken a
> world speed record for jumping out of a tadpole seat. Seat is in the garbage dumpster
now...no
> way to reverse the brackets. So I figured....gee why not just remove the RANS seat mount

Yep..2 hacksaw blades used, both now very ruined. The Sabre saw used Hacksaw blades as well.
----------------*&%$#@+ = oh yeah---------- "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on
> > me...could a Minus 30 Celsius outdoor temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having? This
> > is a serious question (I failed Physics in College). So far I have (destroyed) 1 Skill Sabre
> > saw (accidentally whacked it full blast with a Hammer that missed the trike boom I aimed
> > for). 1 Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel Cut-off Discs, >snip<
>
> Okay, you didn't mention anything about an ordinary hacksaw, my favorite way to cut stuff off my
> trike. Did you try that? I'm a bit afraid to suggest this, out fear for your trike. Perhaps if you
> sent a picture, I could give some pointers. I'm sure the cold affects your dexterity, and perhaps
> thinking. Like, "I'm going to hurry and cut this *&%$#@+ thing off so I can get back indoors."
>
> later, Rorschandt

What?
Note: I said I (failed) Physics in College...
"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> >
> > Under Funny stuff, not like gaga funny, more of a...Oh No... kinda
funny.
> > 2 days ago I completed the Ultimate Trike seat, cool headrest, lumbar support, black Naugahyde,
> > dense foam, 2 rolls of duct tape (Red Green
> would
> > be sooo proud). I mounted the 4 custom built support brackets
(backwards),
> > then added the foam/vinyl etc. Point was the brackets were NOT supposed
> > BE backwards. When you sit down and lean back...8 Steel Bolts pierced
the
> > Vinyl and darn near pierced me...ouch. Must've broken a world speed
record
> > for jumping out of a tadpole seat. Seat is in the garbage dumpster
> now...no
> > way to reverse the brackets. So I figured....gee why not just remove the RANS seat mount and

Yes. Low temperatures could be causing your troubles.

Your tools are being used at temperatures lower than that for which they were designed. They are
more susceptible to shattering in brittle low toughness failure that in their normal tough elastic
high energy failure mode.

For our American readers, -30C is about the same in Fahrenheit - Damn cold.

> What?
> Note: I said I (failed) Physics in College...
> "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Ferrous alloys transition from elastic to brittle failure modes (and machining is controlled
> > 'failure') at low temperatures specific to the metallurgy of the material.
> >
> > This phenomena came to public attention with the brittle failure of
> Liberty
> > ships while pierside and in reasonably (for North Atlantic service) low temperatures.
> >
> > I held up a million dollar yield test of air bottles on just this point. The machinery was
> > exposed to unexpectedly low temperatures - slightly sub-freezing - as I was about to inject
> > water into large air bottles at
> very
> > high pressure - on the order of 10kpsi. As the volume injected into the bottles rose the
> > pressure increase should have risen linearly as long as
> the
> > metal was in its elastic range. The design conditions were for
controlled
> > temperatures though and no one was able to assure me that the bottle's Reference Transition
> > Temperature RTT was below the actual temp.
> >

> > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on
me...could
> > > Minus 30 Celsius outdoor temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having? This is a
> > > serious question (I failed Physics in College). So far I
have
> > > (destroyed) 1 Skill Sabre saw (accidentally whacked it full blast with
> > > Hammer that missed the trike boom I aimed for). 1 Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel
> > > Cut-off Discs, a Robertson and Philips head screwdrivers, 8 Jigsaw (metal cutter) blades, 1
> > > Hammer claw (snapped
off
> [...]
> funny.
> > > 2 days ago I completed the Ultimate Trike seat, cool headrest, lumbar support, black
> > > Naugahyde, dense foam, 2 rolls of duct tape (Red Green
> > would
> > > be sooo proud). I mounted the 4 custom built support brackets
> (backwards),
> > > then added the foam/vinyl etc. Point was the brackets were NOT
supposed
> > > BE backwards. When you sit down and lean back...8 Steel Bolts pierced
> the
> > > Vinyl and darn near pierced me...ouch. Must've broken a world speed
> record
> > > for jumping out of a tadpole seat. Seat is in the garbage dumpster
> > now...no
> > > way to reverse the brackets. So I figured....gee why not just remove the RANS seat mount and

Thanx Doug I kinda figured the cold was to blame, but I needed someone else to say it so my wife
agrees to another of my shopping trips to the hardware store.
-----
> [...]
> > >
> > > I held up a million dollar yield test of air bottles on just this
point.
> > > The machinery was exposed to unexpectedly low temperatures - slightly sub-freezing - as I was
> > > about to inject water into large air bottles
at
> > very
> > > high pressure - on the order of 10kpsi. As the volume injected into
the
> > > bottles rose the pressure increase should have risen linearly as long
as
> > the
> > > metal was in its elastic range. The design conditions were for
> controlled
> > > temperatures though and no one was able to assure me that the bottle's Reference Transition
> > > Temperature RTT was below the actual temp.
> > >

> > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Hi, Joshua, didn't you say something recently to the effect that you were going to be building
trikes to sell to people on this NG?

I don't think I want one, OK? :)

Lewis.

http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

news:<[email protected]>...

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

> Thanx Doug I kinda figured the cold was to blame, but I needed someone else to say it so my wife
> agrees to another of my shopping trips to the > hardware store.

I suggest running modified Charpy [1] tests on the different alloys involved to determine the
brittle-to-ductile transition temperatures (BDTT) so you can be sure to perform all metal work at a
temperature above the highest BDTT.

[1] Very similar to the device used on members of the French nobility 214 years ago.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
Dragonflyer

I did wonder if anyone would remember the Trike business and wonder IF what I did today was part of
those trikes.

This trike (is a prototype), it was Over-built by an Engineering Dept....in the U.S. N/W for me. One
of the trike designers was a BikeE Engineer. Damn thing was designed to be dropped into the Grand
Canyon and still be driven...try that with a Trice Micro.... It cost me $750. to ship it to Toronto
and now I am hitting it with a hammer and assorted tools.

The Jigs are already done for (both trike designs), I get to play with the Prototypes and they'll
end up (not for sale).

The Tadpoles for the business venture will NOT be touched by my hands, I have a Professional
Framebuilder doing the trikes for me...My design, but his skill and tools used to build it and he'll
sign his framesets. Am hoping to get the Alum. booms supplied by a trike builder in Texas..haven't
asked him yet, I need to get some more cash b4 I commit to using his and other bent builder's parts
in the USA. (NOT from Taiwan).

It has always been my intention to draw upon people who know what they are doing and assemble the
trikes with parts they build...kind of a collaborative effort.

I will leave bent construction up to those who know what they are doing. My trikes will be Modular,
the buyer will add/subtract the options they want according to where they intend to drive the trike.

I was thinking of naming the 1st trike "Jerry Lee", but his also being know by the phrase "the
Killer" may NOT be a good name to give a trike. Still like the idea of naming a trike after Jerry
Lee Lewis though. Option 2 was name it "Southern Comfort"...smooooooth. But I figure I'll let some
Southern USA builder use that name and get the Liquor company to back
it.Option 3 was name it "Silver Bullet"...but my wife is from "Transylvania"...(really) and well
Silver Bullets and Transylvanians do not get along...or so I've been told. She figures I came up
with the name Silver Bullet to get back at her. Did I mention when we argue I wear a necklace of
Garlic cloves and carry a wooden crucifix soaked in Holy Water.
"Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, Joshua, didn't you say something recently to the effect that you were going to be building
> trikes to sell to people on this NG?
>
> I don't think I want one, OK? :)
>
> Lewis.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on me...could
> > Minus 30 Celsius outdoor temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having? This is a serious
> > question (I failed Physics in College). So far I have (destroyed) 1 Skill Sabre saw
> > (accidentally whacked it full blast with a Hammer that missed the trike boom I aimed for). 1
> > Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel Cut-off Discs, a Robertson and Philips head
> > screwdrivers, 8 Jigsaw (metal cutter) blades, 1 Hammer claw (snapped off
and
> > hit my overhead spotlamp...also now toast), 5 titanium drill bits, 2
hacksaw
> > blades, 1 Blow Torch tank went empty in the cold after I tried to heat
up
> > the boom. Oh Yeah and I dented the boom with a poorly aimed Sledge
Hammer.

> > I figured it was way too cold today to go riding....so I'd remove the bracket (welded) to the
> > main boom as a Seat support. There are 6 small
metal
> > clips welded to the boom for a RANS seat mount (older type). All I
wanted to
> > do was remove the 6 two inch high X 2 inch wide clips and so far I have probably caused about
> > $300.00 in damage and wrecked the boom...making
resale
> > somewhat difficult.
> >
> > Oh Yeah...am working on the Tadpole outside, my wife fears (and
justifiably
> > so) that my mechanical skills will destroy the apartment if I worked on
the
> > trike inside.
> >
> > All I was doing was removing one RANS seat mount in order to mount a M5 Hard-shell, seemed so
> > simple last night when I thought about doing
iu...to
> > kill time due to the awfully cold weather....who knew.
> >
> > I am taking a rest now, but still have 3 brackets left to go....just
waiting
> > for me to begin again. I can hear my local Hardware store cheering on my latest project.
> >
> > So..before I return to the trike with what tools I have left, anyone
know if
> > the Cold is causing the steel to resist (everything I am doing to
> > it)????????????
> >
> > And people ask (why) I do NOT repair bikes!!!!
> >
> > Under Funny stuff, not like gaga funny, more of a...Oh No... kinda
funny.
> > 2 days ago I completed the Ultimate Trike seat, cool headrest, lumbar support, black Naugahyde,
> > dense foam, 2 rolls of duct tape (Red Green
would
> > be sooo proud). I mounted the 4 custom built support brackets
(backwards),
> > then added the foam/vinyl etc. Point was the brackets were NOT supposed
> > BE backwards. When you sit down and lean back...8 Steel Bolts pierced
the
> > Vinyl and darn near pierced me...ouch. Must've broken a world speed
record
> > for jumping out of a tadpole seat. Seat is in the garbage dumpster
now...no
> > way to reverse the brackets. So I figured....gee why not just remove the RANS seat mount and
> > install
the
> > M5 Hardshell....how hard could that be?

Joshua, Are you related to Rube? ~~~ Al Kubeluis ~ Bacchetta Corsa ~ Maryland ~ USA ~~~

> Yep..2 hacksaw blades used, both now very ruined. The Sabre saw used
Hacksaw
> blades as well. ----------------*&%$#@+ = oh yeah---------- "rorschandt"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > news:[email protected]:
> >
> > > I just spent many hours (destroying a trike) and it donned on
> > > me...could a Minus 30 Celsius outdoor temperature be causing me all the trouble I'm having?
> > > This is a serious question (I failed Physics in College). So far I have (destroyed) 1 Skill
> > > Sabre saw (accidentally whacked it full blast with a Hammer that missed the trike boom I
> > > aimed for). 1 Large, 1 Small slot screwdriver, 4 Dremel Cut-off Discs, >snip<
> >
> > Okay, you didn't mention anything about an ordinary hacksaw, my favorite way to cut stuff off my
> > trike. Did you try that? I'm a bit afraid to suggest this, out fear for your trike. Perhaps if
> > you sent a picture, I could give some pointers. I'm sure the cold affects your dexterity, and
> > perhaps thinking. Like,
"I'm
> > going to hurry and cut this *&%$#@+ thing off so I can get back
indoors."

> > later, Rorschandt

Josh,

First, I wish to reprimand you for using Naugahyde. Those poor defenseless Naugys! And we
slaughter them to make our cheap chairs and couches, never mind their meat (which I heard is
pretty damn chewy).

Secondly, alloyed steel (AKA Cro-Mo 4130, hard-****, etc, etc..) does not yield to cheap saw blades
or drills. The best and most effective way to remove those brackets is to grind them off using a
man-eater or angle grinder. If you must be anal, use a saw with a bi-metal blade as these hold up
fair against harder alloys. The art of drilling (or cutting) is never get your tool bit hot, as it
will anneal and become useless. With this said, drill slowly, and use plenty of oil as a coolant.

Last, be good to yourself. I sense that you also are missing a couple of digits on each hand?

Best regards,

--
Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com

> [...]
> it)????????????
>
> And people ask (why) I do NOT repair bikes!!!!
>
> Under Funny stuff, not like gaga funny, more of a...Oh No... kinda funny. 2 days ago I completed
> the Ultimate Trike seat, cool headrest, lumbar support, black Naugahyde, dense foam, 2 rolls of
> duct tape (Red Green
would
> be sooo proud). I mounted the 4 custom built support brackets (backwards), then added the
> foam/vinyl etc. Point was the brackets were NOT supposed to BE backwards. When you sit down and
> lean back...8 Steel Bolts pierced the Vinyl and darn near pierced me...ouch. Must've broken a
> world speed record for jumping out of a tadpole seat. Seat is in the garbage dumpster
now...no
> way to reverse the brackets. So I figured....gee why not just remove the RANS seat mount

Cough <<@)#(($*%&>>Cough!

Naugas are pests (a.k.a. vermin, varmints) on, e. g. submarines where they graze on bilge mung. On
boats, naugas are mercifully and painlessly killed with the Knickerbockers Nauga Knocker (tm) to
provide hyde for the many stools and chairs.

4130 is not exotic, hard or hard to work with.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

"Hel-bent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Josh,
>
> First, I wish to reprimand you for using Naugahyde. Those poor defenseless Naugys! And we
> slaughter them to make our cheap chairs and couches, never mind their meat (which I heard is
> pretty damn chewy).
>
> Secondly, alloyed steel (AKA Cro-Mo 4130, hard-****, etc, etc..) does not yield to cheap saw
> blades or drills. The best and most effective way to remove those brackets is to grind them off
> using a man-eater or angle grinder. If you must be anal, use a saw with a bi-metal blade as these
hold
> up fair against harder alloys. The art of drilling (or cutting) is never get your tool bit hot, as
> it will anneal and become useless. With this said, drill slowly, and use plenty of oil as a
> coolant.
>
> Last, be good to yourself. I sense that you also are missing a couple of digits on each hand?
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com

The Catskills Rube? "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Joshua, Are you related to Rube? ~~~ Al Kubeluis ~ Bacchetta Corsa ~ Maryland ~ USA ~~~
>
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Yep..2 hacksaw blades used, both now very ruined. The Sabre saw used
> Hacksaw
> > blades as well. ----------------*&%$#@+ = oh yeah---------- "rorschandt"
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > news:[email protected]:

blast

> > > Okay, you didn't mention anything about an ordinary hacksaw, my
favorite
> > > way to cut stuff off my trike. Did you try that? I'm a bit afraid to suggest this, out fear
> > > for your trike. Perhaps if you sent a picture,
> > > could give some pointers. I'm sure the cold affects your dexterity, and perhaps thinking.
> > > Like,
> "I'm
> > > going to hurry and cut this *&%$#@+ thing off so I can get back
> indoors."
> > >
> > > later, Rorschandt

No, the Goldberg Rube Al "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Catskills Rube? "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Joshua, Are you related to Rube? ~~~ Al Kubeluis ~ Bacchetta Corsa ~ Maryland ~ USA ~~~
> >
> > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Yep..2 hacksaw blades used, both now very ruined. The Sabre saw used
> > Hacksaw
> > > blades as well. ----------------*&%$#@+ = oh yeah---------- "rorschandt"
> > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> blast

> favorite
picture,
Like,
> > "I'm
> > indoors."

Obviously I am NOT getting this at all, there is a man named "Rube Goldberg" who once operated a
Hotel in the Catskills...not far from where I went to High School. Rube being the short form of
Rubin. I also recently discovered there is another Joshua Goldberg not far from where I live and he
OR she (not sure which) is the Head of Canada's Trans-sexual rights group. Seems that Joshua has
been annoying the hell out of lots of people and I am getting his hate mail. Am going to have to use
my middle initial so folks can direct their mail to him and not me.....my initials are JAG, his are
JMG. And NO I am NOT related to Whoopi Goldberg b4 U ask.
"Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No, the Goldberg Rube Al "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The Catskills Rube? "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Joshua, Are you related to Rube? ~~~ Al Kubeluis ~ Bacchetta Corsa ~ Maryland ~ USA ~~~
> > >
> > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hacksaw

> all
> > blast

> > favorite
> picture,
> Like,
> > > "I'm
> > > indoors."

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Obviously I am NOT getting this at all, there is a man named "Rube Goldberg" who once operated a
> Hotel in the Catskills...not far from

There was a Rube Goldberg, a cartoonist of sorts I believe. He would diagram outlandish contraptions
that would eventually perform a simple act. For instance(and I'm making this up on the fly, so don't
expect much)a piece of toast pops up in the toaster, which frightens the cat who has a string tied
to his tail. The cats actions then trip a lever releasing food for the fish tank. Many people are
entertained by tracing the circuitous route to achieve a simple task.I am not one of them, however,
I am providing a link because I know what it is like to have no clue about some pop culture thing
that nobody will bother explaining http://www.rube- goldberg.com/html/gallery.htm

Mine was "Any port in a storm", which an ex refused to explain what she meant after she used it. She
did not use it in a nautical context. It was a very wounding experience. rorschandt