Cold weather cycling mits

I use a Polartech item called "glomitts" from REI. They're fingerless gloves with a mitten top that
fits over the fingers and velcros. (There's even a little "cap" that fits over the thumb. You can
pull back the top with your teeth if you need to use your fingers for something briefly, but they
have the temperature benefits of mittens, which tend to be much warmer than gloves. There's a less
expensive version made of wool that are available from many outdoor suppliers.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

"rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.sportsmansguide.com/specialad.html?ad_id=67738 they are leather with a separate finger.
> I haven't used them nor even seen them in person.

Also called lobster mits and a required accessory among snowmobile users. I do not live in God's
country (I merely exist in Illinois) but perhaps someone from up der in Wisconsin or Minnesota could
suggest websites with good prices eh?

crispy

I have a set from Bell Weather (or is it whether). Like them a lot. Tried the ones from Isumi but
liked the Bells better.

[email protected] (crispy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Also called lobster mits and a required accessory among snowmobile users. I do not live in God's
> country (I merely exist in Illinois) but perhaps someone from up der in Wisconsin or Minnesota
> could suggest websites with good prices eh?
>
> crispy

I also have the Pearl Izumi's. The sizing advice was all wrong, and I really don't use them much.
They are no help in real cold weather. I have fairly small hands, usually take a small or medium
glove. I got the medium Pearl, and they are too tight. I am using some old ski gloves instead. Chas