cold weather shirt "twenty degrees"?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by onelith, Dec 26, 2004.

  1. onelith

    onelith Guest

    Hi,
    I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
    comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
    company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
    The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed
    for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
    please post to this group!
    Thanks in advance,
    onelith

    Tags:

  2. >It's designed
    >for runners.

    It's designed for SUCKERS!

  3. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    Leafing through rec.running, I read a message from [email protected] of
    26 Dec 2004:

    > Hi,
    > I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
    > comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
    > company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
    > The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed
    > for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
    > please post to this group!

    Not sure, maybe these:
    http://www.shwalla.com/gear_20.aspx
    http://revelsports.com/20degree.asp

    Phil M.

  4. On 2004-12-26, onelith <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
    > comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
    > company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
    > The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed

    Phil has already posted the links, so I'll post something else:

    The Sporthill Explorer top, and the Sugoi Windhibitor Midlayer
    are both light single-layer tops that are good down to single digits,
    and retail at less than $100-.

    http://sporthill.com/product.php?TypeID=2280&gender=m
    http://sugoi.ca/consumer/product.aspx?sectionStyleID=5421&color=DSL

    > for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
    > please post to this group!

    Does anyone wear it for running ? It looks very high end. Not necessarily a
    ripoff, but possibly an overkill for running. The fabric brand name (shoeller)
    is usually used in high end mountainearing gear which costs an arm and a leg,
    and which, while of excellent quality, is usually warmer than anything one
    needs for running. Brands like Sugoi and Sporthill make cheaper gear that is
    more than adequate for running. Some of the mountainearing brands make a few
    low end items that are also good (for example, some of Marmot's cheaper
    jackets are lightweight, inexpensive and well made)

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  5. onelith

    onelith Guest

    That's the right one! I was researching this for a friend.
    He's a mini-triathelon participant. Thanks for your
    help!
    onelith

  6. onelith wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
    > comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
    > company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
    > The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed
    > for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
    > please post to this group!
    > Thanks in advance,
    > onelith

    There is one born every minute.

    For running when it is 20 degrees:

    Short runs of the less than 45 minute range I'll wear any old long
    sleeved race t-shirt underneath any old short sleeved race t-shirt.
    With ear warmers, gloves (or mittens whichever I find first) and my
    thicker weight tights. Yes I'm proof that cotton doesn't kill if you
    have a bit of a clue.

    Cost of ensamble around $60 (including race fees).

    For longer runs of 1 hour plus I'll wear a thick weight polypro
    (Profile is awsome and SportHill too) shirt and perhaps a short sleeved
    race shirt. With the extras as above.

    Cost of ensamble around $80 (including race fee).

    This assumes that I'll be able to warm up someplace dry right after I'm
    finished running.

    Andy

  7. >>It's designed
    >>for runners.