cold weather shirt "twenty degrees"?

onelith

Guest
Hi,
I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed
for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
please post to this group!
Thanks in advance,
onelith

>It's designed
>for runners.

It's designed for SUCKERS!

Leafing through rec.running, I read a message from [email protected] of
26 Dec 2004:

> Hi,
> I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
> comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
> company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
> The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed
> for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
> please post to this group!

Not sure, maybe these:
http://www.shwalla.com/gear_20.aspx
http://revelsports.com/20degree.asp

Phil M.

On 2004-12-26, onelith <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
> comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
> company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
> The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed

Phil has already posted the links, so I'll post something else:

The Sporthill Explorer top, and the Sugoi Windhibitor Midlayer
are both light single-layer tops that are good down to single digits,
and retail at less than $100-.

http://sporthill.com/product.php?TypeID=2280&gender=m
http://sugoi.ca/consumer/product.aspx?sectionStyleID=5421&color=DSL

> for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
> please post to this group!

Does anyone wear it for running ? It looks very high end. Not necessarily a
ripoff, but possibly an overkill for running. The fabric brand name (shoeller)
is usually used in high end mountainearing gear which costs an arm and a leg,
and which, while of excellent quality, is usually warmer than anything one
needs for running. Brands like Sugoi and Sporthill make cheaper gear that is
more than adequate for running. Some of the mountainearing brands make a few
low end items that are also good (for example, some of Marmot's cheaper
jackets are lightweight, inexpensive and well made)

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

That's the right one! I was researching this for a friend.
He's a mini-triathelon participant. Thanks for your
help!
onelith

onelith wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently heard of a light weight shirt that is
> comfortable to wear alone while running in cold weather. The online
> company had "degree" and "20 twenty" in the website name.
> The shirt retailed for around $400 dollars. It's designed
> for runners. If anyone knows about this shirt and or clothing,
> please post to this group!
> Thanks in advance,
> onelith

There is one born every minute.

For running when it is 20 degrees:

Short runs of the less than 45 minute range I'll wear any old long
sleeved race t-shirt underneath any old short sleeved race t-shirt.
With ear warmers, gloves (or mittens whichever I find first) and my
thicker weight tights. Yes I'm proof that cotton doesn't kill if you
have a bit of a clue.

Cost of ensamble around $60 (including race fees).

For longer runs of 1 hour plus I'll wear a thick weight polypro
(Profile is awsome and SportHill too) shirt and perhaps a short sleeved
race shirt. With the extras as above.

Cost of ensamble around $80 (including race fee).

This assumes that I'll be able to warm up someplace dry right after I'm
finished running.

Andy

>>It's designed
>>for runners.