Cold Wet Feet

beltabout

May 31, 2005
Winter is coming and my feet are getting wet,

Is there a cheaper alternative to buying waterproof shoes?

I have seen these gortex neoprene over shoes but most say only suitable for road shoes, is there a style/brand which will ft a size 11 laced SPD mountain bike shoe?

Any idea most welcome.

two suggestions
buy gortex waterproof socks, like seal skinz (sp?)
or I and my husband use are Gator brand neoprene booties
http://www.bullteksports.com/catalog/pictures/Gator/Gator.htm

my hubby's got size 16 feet and they go over his shoes, both his road and touring ones so I think you would be just fine. They don't really keep your feet too dry, but they do keep them nice and warm.

beltabout said:
Winter is coming and my feet are getting wet,

Is there a cheaper alternative to buying waterproof shoes?

I have seen these gortex neoprene over shoes but most say only suitable for road shoes, is there a style/brand which will ft a size 11 laced SPD mountain bike shoe?

Any idea most welcome.
HI,

I have a road and mountain bike both with SPD, and use the Altura overshoe which is fine for both cycling shoes.

Hope this is of some help.

kedge.

I have just purchased some cycling shoes, overshoes, and pedals from aldi that are cheap but effective, might wanna givce them a try:D

I have a pair of seal skinz socks £18 and dry to boot, they are warm and have kept my feet dry without any problems money well spent

Nick

in reply to the private message:

I have used so far from aldi:

cycle computer 2.99 I have two of these and the old on now 2 years old is still going strong.

cycle fingerless gloves, again two years old, a bit manky but other than that they are wearing well

teflon jogging trousers. they are very fast drying, keep me nice and warm even now in autum. and nice and cool in the hotter weather.

a friend who was cycling with me for a while had a bike which aldo sells, although the bike wan't from aldis it is the same brand, name and specs, appart from the bottom bracket bearings, the bike has held up well.

as far as the new stuff is concerned I'll let you know,

I cycle arround 200 miles a week so it wont be long... lol:) :)

NB: get a helmet!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Not a cheap solution but get some Northwave Fahrenheit Winter boats, I have the road version and there are amazing - best thing I have bought in a long time. Having spend years with cold feet they are worth every penny.