--
Bean "reminiscing"

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

On 2006-06-15, hippy (aka Bruce)

> Bean Long Wrote:
>> hippy wrote:
>> > hippy
>> > "Ahh.. bless!"

>> Ahh... England!
>>
>> Bean "He means well... bless"
>>

> you-aw-right?
>
> largin' it!!
>
> sowf londun!!
>
> innit like?![/color]

Are you on the set of "The Bill"?

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

daveL said:
I've been pretty slack with my commuting so far this winter, and in
recognition of the fact I'm entered in the Ride Around The Bay in
October (with the slower of two work sponsered teams), I figured that
I'd better start getting back in the habit. However I'm finding
the...er...brisk? tempratures in the mornings a little daunting and was
thinking of getting some cold/wet weather gear. I'm not a huge fan of
jackets, I'm pretty happy with my jersey and an undershirt, but I wanted
to get something for my legs and was wondering whether people would
recommend leg warmers with nicks or full tights/pants?

Cheers
daveL

I bought a pair of the mens/unisex full length zip leg fleecy knicks from Uno about 4 weeks ago for $70... they are extremely warm for those chilly melb mornings. The crutch is a bit bulky for me but for the price they are excellent value..Its worth checking out the store at any rate.

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:07:35 +1000, Bean Long wrote:

> My wife always has a chuckle as I roll up my knicks to get the leg
> warmers all the way up. It looks like a really sick burlesque show!

The 8 Hr enduros in NSW can be a bit chilly at the start and end in
Winter, since the sun is down. One of my mates was laughing at me last
year because I was wearing:

Nzo Dobies (riding shorts that look like normal shorts, not knicks)
A t-shirt
Leg warmers
A large fleece jacket
ugg boots.

I was warm and comfortable, I didn't care.
--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different

Aeek wrote:

> The knicks make a difference too, before I switched to Louis Garnier
> my netti leg warmers never stayed up. Now they never fall down.
> These knicks aren't tight either, no strangling my legs! Mind you, at
> $150ish a pop they ought to be good.

Thanks for posting that. I had a rummage at the back of the cupboard,
found my old Cima knicks. Getting rather ragged, but tight enough to
keep the legwarmers in place.

Happy now.

--
beerwolf (remove numbers from email address)

I've been putting the knee warmers over the knicks, not under, and found they don't slip. Well they do, a bit, but much less, they just haul on the knicks so I have to watch that plumbers crack.

TimC said:
Are you on the set of "The Bill"?

Well, actually, yes! ;-)

http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0084987/locations

hippy
Chips are chips not crisps and I'll put pants on, thanks!