collarbone question

raptor199

Apr 9, 2006
Hey, I broke my collarbone about 2 months ago. The doctors didnt even give me the option to get surgery. I really want to get it put back straight because its overlapped by about an 1.5". what would yall do. it never hurts or anything. i play football and i dont want it to affect that. Im also into bodybuilding and bmx.

raptor199 said:
Hey, I broke my collarbone about 2 months ago. The doctors didnt even give me the option to get surgery. I really want to get it put back straight because its overlapped by about an 1.5". what would yall do. it never hurts or anything. i play football and i dont want it to affect that. Im also into bodybuilding and bmx.

I also broke my collarbone recently dirtbiking. At 2 months the bone is set into place fairly well. Over time the big bulge where the overlap occured will mostly dissapear. Are you having shoulder pain? If you arn't I wouldn't worry about it. Don't fix whats not broken.

raptor199 said:
It should be just fine. As you are now 8 weeks out, it has probably healed up and would require a re-break to set it. Aesthetically it may not be what you want, but should pose no problem to your activity. If you have full shoulder ROM on that side without discomfort/weakness, you are good to go.

try the natural way....the doctors always say that part with cutting,slashing...so on:D

hey i broke my collar bone furing a soccer game when i was 10 and now you can hrdly tell i broke it and where the lump is. that has been 9 years ago which i did all of my growing and such through that period but over time it will get a little smaller

I separated the AC joint, so have the lump in the bone at that spot. other than my kids who like to make fun of it (along with making fun of my cycling clothes) , and my tailor who needs to work on having my suits hang properly, its a non-issue. I don't get any looks or questions in the locker room. If there is no loss of funciton, and unless you need the perfect looks for competetive body building competitions, leave it alone.

raptor199 said: