Colnago age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joel Rose

This past Christmas season I purchased a new Colnago Asso due to a huge sale at the LBS on their
2002 stock (half price:)). I was wondering how I can tell or find out exactly how old this bike
really is - has it been in the store for 2 or 3 years or was it built in '02? I know it really
makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but I am curious to find out the age of my new
wheels. Thanks.

Joel Rose

"Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> This past Christmas season I purchased a new Colnago Asso due to a huge
sale
> at the LBS on their 2002 stock (half price:)). I was wondering how I can tell or find out exactly
> how old this bike really is - has it been in the store for 2 or 3 years or was it built in '02? I
> know it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but I am curious to find out the
> age of my new wheels. Thanks.

Why don't you just ask your dealer? They probably track their inventory and can tell you the date it
arrived at the shop.

--
Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

"Joel Rose" <[email protected]> writes:

> I was wondering how I can tell or find out exactly how old this bike really is - has it been in
> the store for 2 or 3 years or was it built in '02? I know it really makes no difference in the
> grand scheme of things, but I am curious to find out the age of my new wheels.

My Colnago Altain frame (an older steel model) has a serial number stamped in the inside of the
right wheel dropout. I am sure Colnago _can_ tell you more about a frame given a serial number but I
don't know that they will.

Does it really matter though?

Wessel

Status
Not open for further replies.