Colnago age?

Joel Rose

Guest
This past Christmas season I purchased a new Colnago Asso due to a huge sale at the LBS on their
2002 stock (half price:)). I was wondering how I can tell or find out exactly how old this bike
really is - has it been in the store for 2 or 3 years or was it built in '02? I know it really
makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but I am curious to find out the age of my new
wheels. Thanks.

Joel Rose

"Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> This past Christmas season I purchased a new Colnago Asso due to a huge
sale
> at the LBS on their 2002 stock (half price:)). I was wondering how I can tell or find out exactly
> how old this bike really is - has it been in the store for 2 or 3 years or was it built in '02? I
> know it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but I am curious to find out the
> age of my new wheels. Thanks.

Why don't you just ask your dealer? They probably track their inventory and can tell you the date it
arrived at the shop.

"Joel Rose" <[email protected]> writes:

> I was wondering how I can tell or find out exactly how old this bike really is - has it been in
> the store for 2 or 3 years or was it built in '02? I know it really makes no difference in the
> grand scheme of things, but I am curious to find out the age of my new wheels.

My Colnago Altain frame (an older steel model) has a serial number stamped in the inside of the
right wheel dropout. I am sure Colnago _can_ tell you more about a frame given a serial number but I
don't know that they will.

Does it really matter though?

Wessel