Colnago Bititan

ressbautista

Aug 16, 2004
Has anyone owned a Bititan or a Master Ti (double downtube)? Any comments on how they ride and how durable they are?

Thanks,
Ress

Hi There, I picked up a Colnago Bititan two years ago from a friend and absolutly love it. This is my first ti bike. I raced steel throughout the 90's and to compare this to my favorite bike back then (pinarello w/ slx tubing) i would say that the frame is just as stiff, but more responsive and very comfy. It rides like my old favorite used to with my tubular race wheels on...i have mavic open 4 clinchers on the bititan. I have heard that the older bititans (round top tube) crack at the bb but that the newer ones with the diamond shaped top tube dont crack...we will see. Hope it holds together i love the ride.

equed said:
Hi There, I picked up a Colnago Bititan two years ago from a friend and absolutly love it. This is my first ti bike. I raced steel throughout the 90's and to compare this to my favorite bike back then (pinarello w/ slx tubing) i would say that the frame is just as stiff, but more responsive and very comfy. It rides like my old favorite used to with my tubular race wheels on...i have mavic open 4 clinchers on the bititan. I have heard that the older bititans (round top tube) crack at the bb but that the newer ones with the diamond shaped top tube dont crack...we will see. Hope it holds together i love the ride.
Thanks for the input.

I am looking at one with a fluted top tube. I heard that this would make it a 96 or a 97, right? I also read that this would make it a Master Ti. Hope you can provide me with more information ad I haven't come across many on the Internet.