Colnago C-50

Mark Andrews

Jan 21, 2004
I am ordering a C-50 and was wondering if a 54cm top tube would be too long for me.

I am 177cm tall and have a skinny build.

I know that this information is very brief although I was curious to see what you size frame you ride and your height.

Please help

Originally posted by Mark Andrews
I am ordering a C-50 and was wondering if a 54cm top tube would be too long for me.

I am 177cm tall and have a skinny build.

I know that this information is very brief although I was curious to see what you size frame you ride and your height.

Please help
If I was dropping that kind of coin,I would want to know for sure rather than trolling for opinions.

I agree with boudreaux. If you're going to spend that much you might want to spend just a bit more and find a shop in your area that offers the "Fit Kit" system (or the like) to make certain that you're getting a frame that fits you properly.

GET A PROFESSIONAL FIT !!!! But for reference:

I am 1m 75 wear a 30 inch inseam and and 33 in sleeve length.

I ride a 54cm Colnago with a 130 stem, but am pretty "stretched out" in my position. Colnago's work best in this size range with a 120 to 130mm stem......

hahaha ****mano = s h i t m a n o

!

I think the website delete some words... and replace them by **

Originally posted by marlon1
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

Follow all the steps carefully. It works very good.

I think you need 58cm center top.

http://www.trialtir-usa.com/2004-colnago/colnagoinfo/colsizecharts.htm Oh really? Is that a bunch of hooey or what. I'm 6' and ride a 58 colnago. As I said, trolling for opinions will get you just that and ya know what is said about opinions and bungholes.

--------------
Colnago C50 is a :p :p :p :p frame but don't scr*w it with ****mano :D components.

Originally posted by marlon1
hahaha ****mano = s h i t m a n o

!

I think the website delete some words... and replace them by **
Yeah is keeps em busy full time dealing with the juvenile minds.

I will be putting my RECORD 9sp. on the bike...
That implies you might have a bike you might have ridden. Fit or no fit and geometry comparison to C-50??

You really have to be a Colnago fan to buy the c50.
When the C40 came it was revolutionary, carbon,low weight, stiff and comfy. I understand why almost everyone would want a c40.

The C.50 weighs in at about 2 kg´s with fork, it has a pathetic STW (56), The fork weighs a massive 500+ grams.... It still has ride comfort and lateral fork stiffnes. In defense of colnago they have talked about replacing the fork with a lighter one. Some pro riders ride it but many still use the c40 I wonder why?

All it really has is it´s impressive brand history.

There is NOTHING revolutionary about the C50.
If you want something cutting edge like the c40 when it came. You might want to take a look at the Scott CR1. The frame weighs 895 grams, Two fork options less than 300grams or 360 grams, frame STW 91!!!!, not as comfy, no glorius history what so ever but unless you want to count the few years it´s been ridden by smaller pro french and now spanish proteams.It´s REVOLUTIONARY! And not to forget abot 1500 USD less.

Originally posted by mrowkoob
You really have to be a Colnago fan to buy the c50.
When the C40 came it was revolutionary, carbon,low weight, stiff and comfy. I understand why almost everyone would want a c40.

The C.50 weighs in at about 2 kg´s with fork, it has a pathetic STW (56), The fork weighs a massive 500+ grams.... It still has ride comfort and lateral fork stiffnes. In defense of colnago they have talked about replacing the fork with a lighter one. Some pro riders ride it but many still use the c40 I wonder why?

All it really has is it´s impressive brand history.

There is NOTHING revolutionary about the C50.
If you want something cutting edge like the c40 when it came. You might want to take a look at the Scott CR1. The frame weighs 895 grams, Two fork options less than 300grams or 360 grams, frame STW 91!!!!, not as comfy, no glorius history what so ever but unless you want to count the few years it´s been ridden by smaller pro french and now spanish proteams.It´s REVOLUTIONARY! And not to forget abot 1500 USD less.
You make some interesting points although unfortunately (I guess I am unfortunate enough to be getting a C-50) I have been tricked by the Colnago marketing team and will still make my purchase.
The point of my message was to see what people thought about the specific size that I asked about and not personal views Re. Colnago etc.

?????????

The Star fork is 400g. and the frameset 1150-1250g (depends on the size).

So that is not 2kg. It is possible to build a C50 under 6kg. I Have a C40 of 6.3kg.

The C50 has 1.125inch tubes and is made from an other type of carbon that is lighter than te c40

The HP rearstay and B_Stay reduces flex.

--The difference between the C40 and C50 is not so big, but the C50 is a bit better.

If you wan't something VERY special, spend another $500 (the C50 is $3000 and carbonissimo $3500) and buy the Colnago Carbonissimo. A frameset made from one piece carbon in collaboration with Ferrari.

The Size 57 c50 frame weigh exactly 1505 grams. It comes with the Force fork which weighs 500 grams plus. You can get lighter fork combinations. In comparison a C 40 in size 57 weighs 1200 grams.

You make some interesting points although unfortunately (I guess I am unfortunate enough to be getting a C-50) I have been tricked by the Colnago marketing team and will still make my purchase.
The point of my message was to see what people thought about the specific size that I asked about and not personal views Re. Colnago etc.

Sorry mark.
I would definitly reccomend you get a proper bikefitting done before you go out put such a mssive amount of money on a framkit. What would you do if it doesnt fit. Bioracer fittings should be availiable at the nearest serious LBS.

@ Mark Andrews

I posted a link where you can calculate the center-top size, stem length, saddle position, Top Tube, Seat Angle, Head Tube Length Setback Chainstay, Head Tube Angle and more stuff

So fill it in, and let us know what size you need...! :) My guess is 57cm center top.

After you calculated you size you check the 2nd link, where you can see the Colnago geometry. Now you can decide which framesize you need.

Did you checked the Carbonissimo???? If you want something rare... :D it cost you about $500 more.-->

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=PRODUCT&PRODUCT.ID=138

good luck!

------------------

@ mrowkoob

The Size 57 c50 frame weigh exactly 1505 grams. It comes with the Force fork which weighs 500 grams plus. You can get lighter fork combinations. In comparison a C 40 in size 57 weighs 1200 grams.

???

From COLNAGO:

Frame Colnago C50 HP 57cm 1160g.

Fork Colnago Star Monocoque 360g.

Try Trialtir, Colnago.com or CompetitiveCyclist

2kg...????? Think before you talk. No frame+fork of $3000 is 2kg

Marlon those are the factory numbers. The huge german bikemag Tour did a test in the April issue and found the actual weight of 1505 grams for the frame and 500 for the force fork. Test performed with EFBE equipment (www.efbe.de)
Sorry dude. I´m just stating what I read and not making things up. No need for you to get rude on me. And youre right no No frame+fork of $3000 should be 2kg´s that my point, don´t buy it.

Originally posted by mrowkoob
Marlon those are the factory numbers. The huge german bikemag Tour did a test in the April issue and found the actual weight of 1505 grams for the frame and 500 for the force fork. Test performed with EFBE equipment (www.efbe.de)
Sorry dude. I´m just stating what I read and not making things up. No need for you to get rude on me. And youre right no No frame+fork of $3000 should be 2kg´s that my point, don´t buy it.
Factory numbers heve been proven to be way off base and not just for colnago. Often they do not include paint and anything else other than 'bare frame'.

THE FORCE FORK!

And who is riding the force (cheap) fork on a C50????

The C50 comes with a Star fork, that is 360g. Mine is old (from a C40) and 380g.

I can't find the Article on the efbe site... 1505g. must be with headset or something.

I will try to search more about the weigth!