colnago c40 weight comparison

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gregclimbs, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Gregclimbs

    Gregclimbs Guest

    anyone have comparison of the orignal c40, the b-stay and the new hp weights?

    just curious...

    thanks,

    greg

    Tags:

  2. Ta

    Ta Guest

    The original C40 came w/Nivacrom steel fork so it's not nearly within the same weight range. I had
    one and remember the fork weighing about twice as much as the frame.

    The frame tubes went through several changes while still under the standard pre-B-Stay C40 name. The
    Star fork was introduced. The DT was swaged on it's way to the BB while the chainstays were
    ovalized. As well as the shifter bosses slowly migrating from standard postioning to just below the
    HT where they are now.

    My B-Stay model was only 11grs lighter than it's predecessor and my HP is 12grs heavier than the
    B-Stay. The HP stays are not only diamond-slotted but way beefier and consequently heavier. The rear
    dropouts are slightly different and (finally) the derailleur hanger is now replaceable.

    The real question should be, when is the 1-1/8" steerer coming? Ernesto claims that he will never go
    to integrated aheadsets but a slightly stiffer steerer never hurt anyone.

    "gregclimbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > anyone have comparison of the orignal c40, the b-stay and the new hp weights?
    >
    > just curious...
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > greg

  3. Mark Hickey