Colnago CLX Ulterga 2013

Presuming that the frame's size is appropriate for the rider, if there is a problem with a COLNAGO frame, it is the price AND the sometimes garish paint job ...

• If you like the way the particular frame looks & you can afford it, then "Why not?"

BTW. If you are keen to fit it with a SHIMANO Ultegra group, then I recommend that you wait until NEXT YEAR because the latest-and-greatest should be available in 2014 ...

• OR, fit your bike with a CAMPAGNOLO Athena-or-better group.

BTW2. If you are looking at a ready-to-ride bike which is currently at your bike shop, then I recommend that you look/ask for (at least!!) a 25% discount from the MSRP of the frame & components ...

• 10-speed Shimano Road components can be considered to be obsolete if you feel a need for the latest-and-greatest OR feel that you are paying for up-to-date components

well oddly enough the CLX comes with a monocoque front triangle after years and years of stretching out and advertising lug construction for carbon fiber from Colnago. So there must be good engineering and design criteria behind this new frame, although top of the line Colnago's ( i mean even more top of the line in their catalogue) feature lug construction front and back. I think Ultegra is a good match for this frame,