colnago dream b stay riders?

philwilbike

Aug 13, 2003
:D Hello,
I'm about to purchase a 2003 Dream B Stay with Record. I'd like to hear any feedback from anyone who owns one of these, good or bad! Thanks,
Phil in NC, USA

I ride with a gentleman who owns the colnago dream b-stay w/record and loves it.
I ride a colnago classic frame with chorus...I can tell you that the bike handles like a dream. It is the most responsive bike I have ridden, it responds to my body english. In speaking with other colnago owners over the years...it is a consistant experience across the board no matter which frame.
FYI-I've been riding mine for 8 mos.
Good luck with your decision!

I've been eyeing that frame as well, seeing as how my regular Dream Plus is a little harsh-riding. The carbon rear triangle might help, but it's one SERIOUSLY expensive experiment!!!

Hi ya'll. I just jumped on to this thread today. Ii was wondering if you have any more input regarding the Colnago Dream B-Stay, now that you've had it longer? I just ordered one today and am looking for as much feedback as possible.

thanks!

Why does feedback matter now? You've already ordered it!!! :)

I rode a Dream, no b-stay for about 8 months. Loved it. Slightly harsh, but nothing I would expect most to notice or care about. I moved to the C40, which makes my experiment MUCH more expensive than yours! And I'd have to say... it's terrific, but it's NOT worth it. Sure, it's smoother. But not enough to justify that much more money. It's no stiffer in the BB near as I can tell (both are plenty stiff), and really not enough lighter to make me care.

Not: I'm not bashing the C40... just the price!

Aztec,

You're right, I should have asked for feedback BEFORE I ordered it but I forgot I was even a member of this forum until last night. Soooo .... I figured better late than never. :)

I just figured I'd see what others thought of the bike anyway.
This Colnago purchase was as much emotional as practical. I've wanted a Colnago since I was a teenager (and that was SEVERAL years ago). Can't wait to ride it (especially since my current road bike is 30 years old)