Colnago Paint

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chalothorn Vash, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. I have been hearing a lot about colnago paint problem. Has anyone actaully had experience before?
    And what are the problems like? Do Colnago distributors help you with these problems?

    Tags:

  2. vashirak-<< I have been hearing a lot about colnago paint problem. Has anyone actaully had
    experience before? And what are the problems like? Do Colnago distributors help you with
    these problems?

    Paint will not be warrantied by the US distributor.

    Pretty typical Italian paint tho-not real durable-

  3. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

    On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:54:57 +0200, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > Paint will not be warrantied by the US distributor.
    My bike shop here is a Colnago dealer and I have seen quite a few with paint problem that were sent
    back to Belgium (where they're painted for the Dutch market) for a repaint job.

    > Pretty typical Italian paint tho-not real durable-
    Indeed. I also saw some Pinarello paint problems, but fewer that Colnago.

    Greets, Derk

  4. Dan Lucas

    Dan Lucas Guest

    Are there any waxes or other treatments that might alleviate some of the paint problems and/or
    increase durability?

    > vashirak-<< I have been hearing a lot about colnago paint problem. Has
    anyone
    > actaully had experience before? And what are the problems like? Do Colnago distributors help you
    > with these problems?
    >

    > Paint will not be warrantied by the US distributor.
    >
    > Pretty typical Italian paint tho-not real durable-

  5. Dp

    Dp Guest

    Why not try http://www.sportscover.cc

    SportsCoverTM is an invisible protective film that will maintain the value of your investment.

    In USA u can contact Promo Logic Inc. 2785 Pacific Coast Highway E-425 Torrance CA 90505 USA Toll
    free: +1-888 804 1095 Tel: +1-310 944 3747 Fax: +1-310 944 3748 E-mail: [email protected]

    //DP

    "Dan Lucas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Are there any waxes or other treatments that might alleviate some of the paint problems and/or
    > increase durability?

  6. Bikefixr

    Bikefixr Guest

    My opinion of Colnago paint is mixed. As an ex-dealer-I routinely saw drips, sags,orange-peel,
    overspray, poorly masked joints etc,,,,,but it was attractive. It is overly thick, rather tough
    (which is good), and fades quickly. Overall-not good.