Colnago Precisa Steel Fork advice

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rik O'Shea, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Rik O'Shea

    Rik O'Shea Guest

    Can anyone tell me the approx weigth of the Colnago Precisa Steel Fork ?

    I am currently trying to decide on buying a Colnago Asso frame with the option of upgrading the
    above steel fork to a carbon fork.

    I am seeking advice on whether to upgrade to a carbon fork or stick with the steel fork.

    I intend to use the frame for racing on hilly roads that are in relatively poor condition (rough
    surface, some small potholes).

    Thanks & regards R

    Tags:

  2. John Gordon

    John Gordon Guest

    On 26 Aug 2003 06:58:38 -0700, Rik O'Shea wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me the approx weigth of the Colnago Precisa Steel Fork ?
    >
    >I am currently trying to decide on buying a Colnago Asso frame with the option of upgrading the
    >above steel fork to a carbon fork.
    >
    >I am seeking advice on whether to upgrade to a carbon fork or stick with the steel fork.

    I think it's in the range of 700 grams or so. The Colnago carbon forks range from 300 to 400
    grams IIRC. I've got the steel fork on my Tecnos and absolutely love the ride and feeling of
    precision (the fork is well named). On my C 40 I've got the carbon Star fork. It too is
    excellent, but I actually prefer the ride quality of the steel fork eventhough the C 40 as a
    package is more comfortable, to me, on rougher roads. Either way you cannot lose, unless you put
    a premium on lighter weight. I suggest you ask your LBS for a test ride on a steel Colnago with
    each type of fork.

    Cheers, John Gordon

  3. I have a Master Extra Light with a steel fork. Recently I tried a friend's Technos with a carbon
    fork. There was a huge difference. Both bikes are the same size. For some reason, my Master Light
    gave me the impression of being more stable with a better road feel. Can I possibly be less
    scientific here? Still, it just felt better to me.

    Bruce

    news:[email protected]...