Colnago Precisa Steel Fork advice

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rik O'Shea, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rik O'Shea

Rik O'Shea Guest

Can anyone tell me the approx weigth of the Colnago Precisa Steel Fork ?

I am currently trying to decide on buying a Colnago Asso frame with the option of upgrading the
    above steel fork to a carbon fork.

I am seeking advice on whether to upgrade to a carbon fork or stick with the steel fork.

I intend to use the frame for racing on hilly roads that are in relatively poor condition (rough
    surface, some small potholes).

Thanks & regards R

Tags:

2. John Gordon

John Gordon Guest

On 26 Aug 2003 06:58:38 -0700, Rik O'Shea wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the approx weigth of the Colnago Precisa Steel Fork ?
    >
    >I am currently trying to decide on buying a Colnago Asso frame with the option of upgrading the
    >above steel fork to a carbon fork.
    >
    >I am seeking advice on whether to upgrade to a carbon fork or stick with the steel fork.

I think it's in the range of 700 grams or so. The Colnago carbon forks range from 300 to 400
    grams IIRC. I've got the steel fork on my Tecnos and absolutely love the ride and feeling of
    precision (the fork is well named). On my C 40 I've got the carbon Star fork. It too is
    excellent, but I actually prefer the ride quality of the steel fork eventhough the C 40 as a
    package is more comfortable, to me, on rougher roads. Either way you cannot lose, unless you put
    a premium on lighter weight. I suggest you ask your LBS for a test ride on a steel Colnago with
    each type of fork.

Cheers, John Gordon

3. I have a Master Extra Light with a steel fork. Recently I tried a friend's Technos with a carbon
    fork. There was a huge difference. Both bikes are the same size. For some reason, my Master Light
    gave me the impression of being more stable with a better road feel. Can I possibly be less
    scientific here? Still, it just felt better to me.

Bruce

"John Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 26 Aug 2003 06:58:38 -0700, Rik O'Shea wrote:
    >
    > >Can anyone tell me the approx weigth of the Colnago Precisa Steel Fork ?
    > >
    > >I am currently trying to decide on buying a Colnago Asso frame with the option of upgrading the
    > >above steel fork to a carbon fork.
    > >
    > >I am seeking advice on whether to upgrade to a carbon fork or stick with the steel fork.
    >
    > I think it's in the range of 700 grams or so. The Colnago carbon forks
    range
    > from 300 to 400 grams IIRC. I've got the steel fork on my Tecnos and absolutely love the ride and
    > feeling of precision (the fork is well
    named).
    > On my C 40 I've got the carbon Star fork. It too is excellent, but I actually prefer the ride
    > quality of the steel fork eventhough the C 40 as
    a
    > package is more comfortable, to me, on rougher roads. Either way you
    cannot
    > lose, unless you put a premium on lighter weight. I suggest you ask your
    LBS
    > for a test ride on a steel Colnago with each type of fork.
    >
    > Cheers, John Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.