Colnago pronounciation ??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chin Chan, May 28, 2003.

  1. Chin Chan

    Chin Chan Guest

    Curiosity question....

    What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?

    Is it "Col (like cold) - na (short a) - go" or

    "Col (like cold) - na (long a) - go"

    Thanks !

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Chin Chan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Curiosity question....
    >
    >What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?
    >
    >Is it "Col (like cold) - na (short a) - go"

    Yes and wave your arms while you say it.

    >"Col (like cold) - na (long a) - go"

    egads.

  3. [email protected] (Paul Southworth) writes:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Chin Chan <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >Curiosity question....
    > >
    > >What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?
    > >
    > >Is it "Col (like cold) - na (short a) - go"

    Col (like call, only shorter) - na (long a) - go (like the first part of gall, but short.)

    'o' (almost?) always prononunces lik 'awe'

    There's weight on the second last syllable unless indicated otherwise.

    > Yes and wave your arms while you say it.

    Yupp, the Italians would benefit more from handsfee phones than most people since it would allow
    them to wawe _both_ arms while making calls.

    --
    __o | Øyvind Røtvold _`\(, | http://www.darkside.no/olr/index.html (_)/(_) | ... biciclare
    necesse est ...

  4. On 28 May 2003 21:41:40 GMT, Chin Chan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Curiosity question....
    >
    >What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?

    I just ask for a "Trek".

    Much easier for a stooooopid American to pronounce, and I get a lot more bike for my money.

  5. "Zippy the Pinhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

    > I just ask for a "Trek".
    >
    > Much easier for a stooooopid American to pronounce, and I get a lot more bike for my money.

    Treks are totally lifeless and have absolutely no heritage.

    Just look at what guys like Bettini, Bartoli, or Tafi

    have won on Colnagos!

  6. "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    >> Yeah! Treks never win ANYTHING! <G>

    Hey, I didn't say that.

    It's just that George Hincapie has become a major let down for the Spring Classics, that leaves you
    Trekkies with only Max Van Heeswijk to give hope for a real win, Viatcheslav Ekimov is too old now.

    And you let Patrick Lefevere lure Tom Boonen over to team Quickstep-Davitamon.

    That leaves only one race in July for Lance, and he has totally ruined the Tour de France by making
    it so damn predictable.

  7. On Thu, 29 May 2003 17:35:37 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>> Yeah! Treks never win ANYTHING! <G>
    >
    >Hey, I didn't say that.
    >
    >It's just that George Hincapie has become a major let down for the Spring Classics, that leaves you
    >Trekkies with only Max Van Heeswijk to give hope for a real win, Viatcheslav Ekimov is too old now.
    >
    >And you let Patrick Lefevere lure Tom Boonen over to team Quickstep-Davitamon.
    >
    >That leaves only one race in July for Lance, and he has totally ruined the Tour de France by making
    >it so damn predictable.

    There's always the Specializeds!

    Barry

  8. >.. biciclare necesse est ...

    Quia Romani ignoraverunt machinas nostras modernas, Controversia est super modum transferendi Latine
    substantivum "bicycle" ex Anglice; ab aliis "bicicleta," aliis "velocipes" aliisque "birota" usa
    est, et non omnino certus sum quid ex illis usandum est. Item nescio quomodo transferendum est "to
    ride a bicycle" Latine--vero, estne "biciclare"?

    Haec non docta sunt mihi in schola.....!

    -Lodovicus Guzmanennsis Londinni

  9. Dave Jackson

    Dave Jackson Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > That leaves only one race in July for Lance, and he has totally ruined the Tour de France by
    > making it so damn predictable.

    Darn it all, I hate it when guys Like Armstrong, Indurain and Merckx ruin the Tour like that.

    Dave in Minnesota

  10. "Dave Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:dave->

    > Darn it all, I hate it when guys Like Armstrong, Indurain and Merckx ruin the Tour like that.

    That's why the Vuelta will be the most exciting grand tour this year.

  11. "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > There's always the Specializeds!

    Well I haven't been really that impressed with Cipollini's finishing sprint this Spring, and I've
    even heard ol Giovanni Lombardi ( Cipo's final leadout man ) privately getting frustrated with Cipo
    after a he didn't hit the line first in some races that he really should have taken.

    I knew the way that Cipo was training this winter that he would ruin his final kick in the sprint.
    He was just too focused on his climbing during the offseason due to the fact he wanted the win at
    Milano-San Remo and could only think about the climb of the Cipressa and the Poggio near the end
    of the race.

    You can't train like that in January if you want to put everyone behind you in the last meters of
    all those flat mass sprint finishs.