Colnago pronounciation ??

Chin Chan

Guest
Curiosity question....

What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?

Is it "Col (like cold) - na (short a) - go" or

"Col (like cold) - na (long a) - go"

Thanks !

In article <[email protected]>, Chin Chan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Curiosity question....
>
>What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?
>
>Is it "Col (like cold) - na (short a) - go"

Yes and wave your arms while you say it.

>"Col (like cold) - na (long a) - go"

egads.

[email protected] (Paul Southworth) writes:

> In article <[email protected]>, Chin Chan <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >Curiosity question....
> >
> >What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?
> >
> >Is it "Col (like cold) - na (short a) - go"

Col (like call, only shorter) - na (long a) - go (like the first part of gall, but short.)

'o' (almost?) always prononunces lik 'awe'

There's weight on the second last syllable unless indicated otherwise.

> Yes and wave your arms while you say it.

Yupp, the Italians would benefit more from handsfee phones than most people since it would allow
them to wawe _both_ arms while making calls.

--
__o | Øyvind Røtvold _`\(, | http://www.darkside.no/olr/index.html (_)/(_) | ... biciclare
necesse est ...

On 28 May 2003 21:41:40 GMT, Chin Chan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Curiosity question....
>
>What's the correct pronounciation for "Colnago" ?

I just ask for a "Trek".

Much easier for a stooooopid American to pronounce, and I get a lot more bike for my money.

"Zippy the Pinhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

> I just ask for a "Trek".
>
> Much easier for a stooooopid American to pronounce, and I get a lot more bike for my money.

Treks are totally lifeless and have absolutely no heritage.

Just look at what guys like Bettini, Bartoli, or Tafi

have won on Colnagos!

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Yeah! Treks never win ANYTHING! <G>

Hey, I didn't say that.

It's just that George Hincapie has become a major let down for the Spring Classics, that leaves you
Trekkies with only Max Van Heeswijk to give hope for a real win, Viatcheslav Ekimov is too old now.

And you let Patrick Lefevere lure Tom Boonen over to team Quickstep-Davitamon.

That leaves only one race in July for Lance, and he has totally ruined the Tour de France by making
it so damn predictable.

On Thu, 29 May 2003 17:35:37 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>>> Yeah! Treks never win ANYTHING! <G>
>
>Hey, I didn't say that.
>
>It's just that George Hincapie has become a major let down for the Spring Classics, that leaves you
>Trekkies with only Max Van Heeswijk to give hope for a real win, Viatcheslav Ekimov is too old now.
>
>And you let Patrick Lefevere lure Tom Boonen over to team Quickstep-Davitamon.
>
>That leaves only one race in July for Lance, and he has totally ruined the Tour de France by making
>it so damn predictable.

There's always the Specializeds!

Barry

>.. biciclare necesse est ...

Quia Romani ignoraverunt machinas nostras modernas, Controversia est super modum transferendi Latine
substantivum "bicycle" ex Anglice; ab aliis "bicicleta," aliis "velocipes" aliisque "birota" usa
est, et non omnino certus sum quid ex illis usandum est. Item nescio quomodo transferendum est "to
ride a bicycle" Latine--vero, estne "biciclare"?

Haec non docta sunt mihi in schola.....!

-Lodovicus Guzmanennsis Londinni

In article <[email protected]>, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> That leaves only one race in July for Lance, and he has totally ruined the Tour de France by
> making it so damn predictable.

Darn it all, I hate it when guys Like Armstrong, Indurain and Merckx ruin the Tour like that.

Dave in Minnesota

"Dave Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:dave->

> Darn it all, I hate it when guys Like Armstrong, Indurain and Merckx ruin the Tour like that.

That's why the Vuelta will be the most exciting grand tour this year.

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > There's always the Specializeds!

Well I haven't been really that impressed with Cipollini's finishing sprint this Spring, and I've
even heard ol Giovanni Lombardi ( Cipo's final leadout man ) privately getting frustrated with Cipo
after a he didn't hit the line first in some races that he really should have taken.

I knew the way that Cipo was training this winter that he would ruin his final kick in the sprint.
He was just too focused on his climbing during the offseason due to the fact he wanted the win at
Milano-San Remo and could only think about the climb of the Cipressa and the Poggio near the end
of the race.

You can't train like that in January if you want to put everyone behind you in the last meters of
all those flat mass sprint finishs.