Colnago Saronni Info Wanted Please

cyclingcrazy

Aug 28, 2003
Hi
Does anyone out there have any information/pictures on the small range of bikes colnago made with Saronni name/logo engraved on approx mid 80's. PLEASE HELP

Thanks
Steve

Yes, I own one... I was curious about he bike itself, since I bought it when I was quite young. I am still riding it however....

Originally posted by cyclingcrazy
Hi
Does anyone out there have any information/pictures on the small range of bikes colnago made with Saronni name/logo engraved on approx mid 80's. PLEASE HELP

Thanks
Steve

cyclingcrazy said:
Hi

Thanks
Steve
Here's the page from the original catalogue, also a model made by protar http://www.bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/colnago/col3.jpg
http://www.imex-model.com/Models/Protar/PR178.jpg
http://www.joyhobby.co.kr/Item.asp?siteid=joyhobby&itemid=61258&catid=200

Must be a joy to ride,...I ride an 1985 mexico with 1990 C-record;
Thijs

Hi,
I have a Colnago Saronni frame (light blue, frame number 75) and have being trying to get more info. I know it has Columbus tubing, but which kind?
I am restoring the frame so I need to repaint it... I think that finding stickers will be impossible... any ideas or info welcome.
Cheers

I also have a Colnago Saronni frame that needs to be re-painted and new decals. I'm thinking of having the decals re-created. Have you found a source? I also need photos and measurements of orginals (mine are totally gone already -- nothing left to measure or photograph). Can any of you help with photos and measurements? David
[/CODE]
athwaites said:
Hi,
I have a Colnago Saronni frame (light blue, frame number 75) and have being trying to get more info. I know it has Columbus tubing, but which kind?
I am restoring the frame so I need to repaint it... I think that finding stickers will be impossible... any ideas or info welcome.
Cheers

By the way, with regard to the type of tubing that was used by Colnago for these frames, my Conago Saronni frame has a Columbus Aelle sticker on it. (It's the only sticker left!). It is complete Aeele, NOT Tre-Tubi. David

athwaites said:
Hi,
Cheers

Good stuff, would you be willing to carefully photosgraph all of the decals on your Colnago Saronni and measure them? I'm thinking of having them recreated for the resoration of my frame. Thanks, David

goodsurf said:
Yes, I own one... I was curious about he bike itself, since I bought it when I was quite young. I am still riding it however....

Does anyone know whether the Saronni name was ever on frames built buy any maker other than Colnago? I saw a Saronni labeled frame on eBay a while ago that looked similar, but not the same as the one in the catalog on bulgier.net. The decals were different (notably without the Conago "club") and a few frame details were different. David

LotusF1 said:
Does anyone know whether the Saronni name was ever on frames built buy any maker other than Colnago? I saw a Saronni labeled frame on eBay a while ago that looked similar, but not the same as the one in the catalog on bulgier.net. The decals were different (notably without the Conago "club") and a few frame details were different. David

The owner of a local bike store said, that he believed there were two bikes with the Saronni name on it. One was made by Colnago, and one was not. So if he is right, then you are right. One is a Colnago, one is not.

Goodsurf, would you be willing to carefully photograph all of the decals on your Colnago Saronni and measure them? I'm thinking of having them recreated for the restoration of my frame. Thanks, David

athwaites said:
Hi,
Cheers
There are Saronni decals on eBay right now. See <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7159630291>

However, these are the ones I think were on the Saronni labeled bike that I suspect was NOT made by Colnago. I'm not sure about this, but.... Does anyone know for sure? If you want them, here they are. (BTW, I am not the seller and have no relationship to the seller) Cheers! David

LotusF1 said:
Goodsurf, would you be willing to carefully photograph all of the decals on your Colnago Saronni and measure them? I'm thinking of having them recreated for the restoration of my frame. Thanks, David

Unfortunately, that through finding this information out. I was informed that I have a Saronni that is believed to be not made by Colnago. I would be happy to photograph it anyway for you.

This is not much help but there is a Saronni frame for sale at First flight bikes, you might check it out, I think it is Columbus Aelle as well, I own some Colnago frames but never had any Saronni ones. Interesting what caught my eye on the Saronni frame that is for sale at First flight is it is a similar green to a Super I have. If you type in first flight bikes you will find his website using google to search, hope you can find more info.

Sorry this took a while but I live in France and the photo was in England...

This is the best photo I have, I have no view of the front decal Saronni's head on the Colnago clover leaf.

Hope this helps, although the photo quality is quite poor, I was spending all my money on bikes at that time not cameras :)