Colon tube insertion, any easy way?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by jenil, May 26, 2004.

  1. jenil

    jenil Guest

    I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a colon tube
    for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't insert it past 7
    inches.
    I have emptied over 2 quarts of solution in me and emtied my colon
    before I attempt this. After this, I tried to put it in with a stream
    of solution ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3
    quarts of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
    read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up. I am
    using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long.
    Anyone out there that uses this method regularly? Any tricks to get
    it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one out there
    that has gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put in
    yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

    Tags:

  2. mdd

    mdd Guest

    "jenil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a colon tube
    > for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't insert it past 7
    > inches.
    > I have emptied over 2 quarts of solution in me and emtied my colon
    > before I attempt this. After this, I tried to put it in with a stream
    > of solution ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3
    > quarts of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
    > read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up. I am
    > using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long.
    > Anyone out there that uses this method regularly? Any tricks to get
    > it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one out there
    > that has gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put in
    > yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

    Ow! ouch ouch! 2 FEET?

  3. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Colon tube insertion, any easy way?
    >From: [email protected] (jenil)
    >Date: 5/26/2004 4:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >diameter and about 3 feet long.

    sounds like you got ahold of of a colonoscope....which you may know is safe
    ONLY when done under direct visualization via the scope head...

    this is not a self care procedure...there is indeed a risk of perforating your
    colon..

    you might be better trying an ORAL laxative and removing the shit from the top
    down...far safer..tho neither is truly necessary...

    do NOT attempt inserting anything 2-3 feet into your colon..unless you consider
    the prospect of a colostomy..infection..maybe death..to be pleasant..

    hawki.....

  4. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    "jenil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a colon tube
    > for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't insert it past 7
    > inches.
    > I have emptied over 2 quarts of solution in me and emtied my colon
    > before I attempt this. After this, I tried to put it in with a stream
    > of solution ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3
    > quarts of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
    > read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up. I am
    > using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long.
    > Anyone out there that uses this method regularly? Any tricks to get
    > it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one out there
    > that has gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put in
    > yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

    This cannot be done with safety and should not be attempted. It is also
    pointless. It is the filling up of as much bowel as possible with liquid
    (which also has some risk) and the subsequent emptying out that determines
    the effectiveness of enemata or colonic irrigation, not how far the tube is
    inserted. It is also pointless because vast experience in bowel
    preparation before surgery shows that these are rather ineffective ways of
    clearing out the bowel, especially in anyone who actually does have a
    problem with constipation or bowel emptying. .

    Did I mention it is pointless?

    Peter Moran

  5. MbumboTatum

    MbumboTatum Guest

    Any tricks to get
    it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one Jenil>>

    Sounds dangerous to me. I'd suppose though....warm the tube as much as possible
    yet still tolerable to the tender gut (run hot water over it and heat to
    maybe....107 degrees) so that it will flex as much as possible. Rub vegetable
    oil over the last foot of the tube. Beyond that...do not go.

  6. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (jenil) wrote:

    > I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a colon tube
    > for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't insert it past 7
    > inches.

    If it's a rigid tube, you won't be able to without risking injuring the
    wall of the colon--which is not a pretty site. That's about 21 cm, which
    is around where the rectum ends and takes a sharp turn into the sigmoid
    colon. Getting around that bend can sometimes be tricky even with
    flexible colonoscopes. With rigid tubes, it's damned near impossible and
    certainly not advisable.

    Not that there's any good reason to get that far up the colon, aside
    from a sigmoidscopy or a colonoscopy. Why on earth do you need a "deep"
    enema, or any enemas at all?

    > I have emptied over 2 quarts of solution in me and emtied my colon
    > before I attempt this. After this, I tried to put it in with a stream
    > of solution ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3
    > quarts of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
    > read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up. I am
    > using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long.
    > Anyone out there that uses this method regularly? Any tricks to get
    > it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet.

    Holy shit. Why on earth would you want to do that? That would get you up
    to the splenic flexure and possibly around it? What possible use could
    that have? The risk of colon perforation goes up the higher you stick
    things in there, particularly if you're putting quarts of fluid up there.

    >Any one out there
    > that has gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put in
    > yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

    Please help you mess up your colon? No thanks.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  7. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "mdd" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > "jenil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a colon tube
    > > for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't insert it past 7
    > > inches.
    > > I have emptied over 2 quarts of solution in me and emtied my colon
    > > before I attempt this. After this, I tried to put it in with a stream
    > > of solution ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3
    > > quarts of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
    > > read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up. I am
    > > using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long.
    > > Anyone out there that uses this method regularly? Any tricks to get
    > > it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one out there
    > > that has gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put in
    > > yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

    > Ow! ouch ouch! 2 FEET?

    You know you've gone off the deep end when even MDD thinks you're nuts.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  8. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article
    <[email protected]works.c
    om.au>,
    "Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "jenil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a colon tube
    > > for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't insert it past 7
    > > inches.
    > > I have emptied over 2 quarts of solution in me and emtied my colon
    > > before I attempt this. After this, I tried to put it in with a stream
    > > of solution ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3
    > > quarts of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
    > > read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up. I am
    > > using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long.
    > > Anyone out there that uses this method regularly? Any tricks to get
    > > it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one out there
    > > that has gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put in
    > > yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

    > This cannot be done with safety and should not be attempted. It is also
    > pointless. It is the filling up of as much bowel as possible with liquid
    > (which also has some risk) and the subsequent emptying out that determines
    > the effectiveness of enemata or colonic irrigation, not how far the tube is
    > inserted. It is also pointless because vast experience in bowel
    > preparation before surgery shows that these are rather ineffective ways of
    > clearing out the bowel, especially in anyone who actually does have a
    > problem with constipation or bowel emptying. .
    >
    > Did I mention it is pointless?

    Indeed. It's worse than pointless. It's downright dangerous in untrained
    hands. (Even in trained hands, there is a risk.) It's taking a huge risk
    of perforating the colon for no benefit. One wonders if Jenil is hoping
    to end up with a colostomy after perforating his colon...

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  9. Peace2012Above

    Peace2012Above New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2012
    I have a colontube as well & I have tried inserting it as far as possible but sometimes it will go a certian distance
    but stops - I wish to get a proper cleanout - can someone help me please ?

    Shane