color of sunglasses

E500 C.E.

Aug 28, 2004
What color/shade/tint of sunglasses does every one like to use when biking when a) the sun is out and b) when it is cloudy and somewhat dark?

Reactions: haleylx4
I use tns (true nuetral shade) grey when it's sunny out and red when it's overcast. The red lenses make road debris much more visible in low light.

Can you get different coloured lenses? Are you talking one set of sunglasses here that the lenses clip out of?

I ride at night and during the day often. I need some sunnies for glare and wind and night vision? Can anyone recommend some durable, quality built sunglasses for riding? Links? Or should I just pic up some el cheapos from the gas station glasses rack?

b1_ said:
Can you get different coloured lenses? Are you talking one set of sunglasses here that the lenses clip out of?

I ride at night and during the day often. I need some sunnies for glare and wind and night vision? Can anyone recommend some durable, quality built sunglasses for riding? Links? Or should I just pic up some el cheapos from the gas station glasses rack?
http://www.smithoptics.com/products/sunglass/interchangeable_index.html

I wear a slight blue-grey when the sun's out (makes the clouds look awesome), and a light grey yellow when the clouds are out (not often).

E500 C.E. said:
What color/shade/tint of sunglasses does every one like to use when biking when a) the sun is out and b) when it is cloudy and somewhat dark?
best for full sunlight is SmokeGray

I like mirrored or something reflective. Maybe some wrap arounds to keep the wind and bugs out.