Colorado Springs Bike Shop Recommendations?

Paladin

Guest
Can anybody recommend a bike shop or two in Colorado Springs to help a friend get oriented. The gal
from our group [pics in past posts] is moving there in less than 2 weeks and wants to get dialed in
as soon as she arrives.

Please post here, as the email above is totally bogus, dood.

Paladin

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Paladin) wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a bike shop or two in Colorado Springs to help a friend get oriented. The
> gal from our group [pics in past posts] is moving there in less than 2 weeks and wants to get
> dialed in as soon as she arrives.
>
> Please post here, as the email above is totally bogus, dood.
>
> Paladin

I'm partial to Old Town Bike Shop, 426 S. Tejon St. (719-475-8589). Owner John Crandall is a
friend and neighbor, the staff is pleasant and knowledgeable, and they're up on the local rides,
on road and off.

Weekend road rides leave Acacia Park at Tejon and Bijou at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. The guys at
Brian's Bicycle Repair, 110 S. Sierra Madre (719-634-6099), do a Wednesday-evening mountain bike
ride, and I'm sure there are others; I'm not that up on the mountain-biking scene.

Cheers,

Patrick O'Grady Mad Dog Media http://www.maddogmedia.com

[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Can anybody recommend a bike shop or two in Colorado Springs to help a friend get oriented. The
> gal from our group [pics in past posts] is moving there in less than 2 weeks and wants to get
> dialed in as soon as she arrives.
>
> Please post here, as the email above is totally bogus, dood.

I have a friend in the Springs and will get back to you via an email that is not totally
bogus, dood.

JD

"Patrick O'Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> I'm partial to Old Town Bike Shop, 426 S. Tejon St. (719-475-8589). Owner John Crandall is a
> friend and neighbor, the staff is pleasant and knowledgeable, and they're up on the local rides,
> on road and off.

My son worked at Old Town while attending college, till he left for Denver last year. Ditto on the
staff and service.

There are a number of shops in the area:

Bike Habit, 599-0707, Dublin & Academy

Colorado Cyclist, 591-4045, 3970 E. Bijou

Colorado Springs Bike Shops, 634-4915 (622 W. Colorado Ave.); 597-8782 (3940 Palmer Park Blvd.)

Criterium Bicycles, Inc.; 599-0149, 6510 Corporate Drive.

Cycle Therapy, 596-8804 (Corner of Woodmen Rd. and Academy Blvd.); 488-8804 (1730 Lake Woodmoor
Drive., Monument)

Gilbert's Cycles, 534-5791, 415 Juanita

Grand West Outfitters, 596-3031, 3250 N. Academy Blvd.

Momentum, 578-0400, 1414 S. Tejon

The Pedal Revolution, 389-0909, 1803 E. Boulder

Rocky Mountain Race Support, 471-4707

Pedersen's Ski & Sports, 574-6199, Citadel Mall

Rocky Mountain Bikes & Blades, 527-0427, 3647 Star Ranch Road

Team Telecycle, 687-6165, 615 S. Baldwin, Woodland Park

Ted's Bicycles, 473-6915, 3016 N. Hancock

Also check out this site for local trail info:

http://www.mtnbikeco.com/

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Patrick O'Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
>
> > I'm partial to Old Town Bike Shop, 426 S. Tejon St. (719-475-8589). Owner John Crandall is a
> > friend and neighbor, the staff is pleasant and knowledgeable, and they're up on the local rides,
> > on road and off.
>
> My son worked at Old Town while attending college, till he left for Denver last year. Ditto on the
> staff and service.
>
> There are a number of shops in the area: http://www.mtnbikeco.com/

Thanks to all of you. I forwarded this thread on to her. Now she has the huge challenge of finding
someone as cool as me to ride with over there. ;~P

Paladin

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Paladin) wrote:

> "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Patrick O'Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:eek:[email protected]...
> >
> > > I'm partial to Old Town Bike Shop, 426 S. Tejon St. (719-475-8589). Owner John Crandall is a
> > > friend and neighbor, the staff is pleasant and knowledgeable, and they're up on the local
> > > rides, on road and off.
> >
> > My son worked at Old Town while attending college, till he left for Denver last year. Ditto on
> > the staff and service.
> >
> > There are a number of shops in the area: http://www.mtnbikeco.com/
>
> Thanks to all of you. I forwarded this thread on to her. Now she has the huge challenge of finding
> someone as cool as me to ride with over there. ;~P
>
> Paladin

Never happen, Pal',

No coolness is permitted here, by order of the City Council. We are the Anti-Boulder, black heart of
the Evil Empire, Silicon Mountain ... nuttin' but Freds, Feds and Coneheads on bikes in these parts.
Oh, yeah, and back-o'-the-pack hacks like me.

Cheers,

Patrick O'Grady Mad Dog Media http://www.maddogmedia.com

I no longer live there, moved to Seattle for a couple years and now I'm in Central Illinois (yuck),
but I still have my Gary Fisher Tassajara that I bought from Criterium bike shop in the Springs.

They are located on the north side of town and have a GREAT bunch of people that work for them. I
highly recommend shopping there!

Hope your friend enjoys the Springs as much as I did. There are two really great parks there that
have a ton of trails that are only minutes away from anywhere in town.

I miss a bike friendly (Mountains too boot) city...

*sigh*