Colorado

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Aaron Stegmaier, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C2F2FC.47C701A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I'm contemplating a small (3 days or so) trip to Colorado for some = mountain biking. Any comments
    on the Colorado Springs area?

Moab, Fruita and Durango are just too far way for me right now.

Let's hear some comments.

Aaron ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C2F2FC.47C701A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm contemplating a small (3 days or so) trip to = Colorado for=20 some
    mountain biking. Any comments on the Colorado Springs=20 area?</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT size=3D2>Moab, Fruita and Durango are just too far way for me = right=20
    now.</FONT></DIV>
    <DVII><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT size=3D2>Let's hear some comments.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DX><FONT size=3D2>Aaron</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C2F2FC.47C701A0--

Tags:

2. Trailgalore

Trailgalore Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_006C_01C2F30C.DEBCAFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

"Aaron Stegmaier" <[email protected]"takethisout"cableone.net> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... I'm contemplating a small (3 days or so) trip to
    Colorado for some = mountain biking. Any comments on the Colorado Springs area?

Do the Garden of the Gods ------=_NextPart_000_006C_01C2F30C.DEBCAFA0 Content-Type: text/html;
    charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
    solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DV>"Aaron Stegmaier" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D'mailto:[email protected]"takethisout"cableone.net'>[email protected]"takethisout"cableo= ne.net</A>>=20 wrote
    in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]=
    supernews.com</A>...</DIV>
    <DVI><FONT size=3D2>I'm contemplating a small (3 days or so) trip to = Colorado=20 for some
    <DVIII><FONT size=3D2>Moab, Fruita and Durango are just too far way for = me right=20
    now.</FONT></DIV>
    <DX><FONT size=3D2>Do the Garden of the=20 Gods</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006C_01C2F30C.DEBCAFA0--

3. Nate Rennels

Nate Rennels Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C2F3D2.7AC4E140 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

"Aaron Stegmaier" <[email protected]"takethisout"cableone.net> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... I'm contemplating a small (3 days or so) trip to
    Colorado for some = mountain biking. Any comments on the Colorado Springs area?

Let's hear some comments.

Aaron

I've been reading this group for a while now, so first I'd like to = say "Hi" and thank you all
    for the always entertaining posts :) But = on the topic of Colorado Springs, there are a few
    good ones in and near = the city. I spent a summer out there working at a bike shop and riding =
    the local trails. Palmer Park has some great slow, steep technical = stuff. The Chutes/Captain
    Jacks is a great ride in the hills around town = (though of course I don't remember how to get
    there), and Rampart = Reservoir (sp?) has some cool scenery and relatively easy riding. =
    There's also a lot of stuff I'm forgetting. Guess it's been too long... I would suggest popping
    into Criterium Bicycles (preferably not on a = busy weekend afternoon) and asking the guys and
    girls working there. = They'll be able to give you some good directions. When I was there =
    pretty much everybody rode at least road and mountain. A fun game would = be to go in and ask
    for "Chris" since there are (well, were anyway) = like 5 different Chris-es. Good times. =20
    Anyway, have a great time there. Despite the sprawling corporate = hell the city has become, the
    surrounding areas are beautiful. Don't = know what the security is like at the Air Force
    Academy, but if they'll = let you in, go drive or ride around, it's a gorgeous place.
    ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C2F3D2.7AC4E140 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
    solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DV>"Aaron Stegmaier" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D'mailto:[email protected]"takethisout"cableone.net'>[email protected]"takethisout"cableo= ne.net</A>>=20 wrote
    in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]=
    supernews.com</A>...</DIV>
    <DVI><FONT size=3D2>I'm contemplating a small (3 days or so) trip to = Colorado=20 for some
    <DVIII><FONT size=3D2>Moab, Fruita and Durango are just too far way for = me right=20
    now.</FONT></DIV>
    <DX><FONT size=3D2>Let's hear some comments.</FONT></DIV>
    <DXI><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXII><FONT size=3D2>Aaron</FONT></DIV>
    <DXIII><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV dir=3Dltr><FONT
    size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV dir=3Dltr><FONT size=3D2> I've been
    reading this = group for a=20 while now, so first I'd like to say "Hi" and thank you all
    for the = always=20 entertaining posts :) But on the topic of Colorado
    = Springs,=20 there are a few good ones in and near the city. I spent a summer out =
    there=20 working at a bike shop and riding the local trails. Palmer Park has some =
    great=20 slow, steep technical stuff. The Chutes/Captain Jacks is a great ride in = the=20
    hills around town (though of course I don't remember how to get there), = and=20 Rampart
    Reservoir (sp?) has some cool scenery and relatively easy = riding.=20 There's also a lot
    of stuff I'm forgetting. Guess it's been too=20 long...</FONT></DIV> <DIV dir=3Dltr><FONT
    size=3D2> I would suggest popping = into=20 Criterium Bicycles
    (preferably not on a busy weekend afternoon) and = asking the=20 guys and girls working
    there. They'll be able to give you some good=20 directions. When I was there pretty
    much everybody rode at least = road and=20 mountain. A fun game would be to go in and ask
    for "Chris" since there = are=20 (well, were anyway) like 5 different Chris-es. Good
    times. =20 </FONT></DIV> <DIV dir=3Dltr><FONT size=3D2> Anyway, have
    a great = time there.=20 Despite the sprawling corporate hell the city has become, the =
    surrounding areas=20 are beautiful. Don't know what the security is like at the Air Force =
    Academy,=20 but if they'll let you in, go drive or ride around, it's a gorgeous = place.=20
    </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C2F3D2.7AC4E140--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.