Colour of the bike?

My bike is black with white stripes, like that its relatively easy to keep looking clean for the most part(although the chain lube makes yellow stains once in a while). I think many other color schemes would do. I do notice that I like wearing mostly blue cycling gear (helmet,jersey, bottles,etc..). I think a blue bike would look cool.

Keeping the bike clean is a problem with some colours and while they look nice straight out of the ship or freshly built, after a few rides they can look a little worse for wear.

If your willing to spend more time cleaning and polishing a bike more than you are riding it then fair enough but that's not for me. A bike is made to be ridden, not just looked at and admired.

All my bikes were gifts from the courthouse, I believe. So, I couldn't pick. They were always pink. I'd rather have yellow since that's my favorite color. It's basically the same reason as yours, but I chose my color from a bag of sugar drops. :D

For some reason I have been gravitated towards darker colored bikes, 2 of my bikes are flat black, another is dark brown and another dark olive green. But the more and more I think about it, I think I'm going to make myself buy brighter in the future. Mainly because of the motorists around here, brighter colors maybe will make me seen a little more. Maybe red? Hey red is supposed to be fast, right?

For some reason I have been gravitated towards darker colored bikes, 2 of my bikes are flat black, another is dark brown and another dark olive green. But the more and more I think about it, I think I'm going to make myself buy brighter in the future. Mainly because of the motorists around here, brighter colors maybe will make me seen a little more. Maybe red? Hey red is supposed to be fast, right?

I don't know where you are from, but here in the UK in the area I'm from, there was a survey done that said brighter coloured bikes were the ones that were stolen the most, so that's one good reason to stick to the darker colours.

Having said that, I've often wondered how they actually got them statistics and how accurate they are.

I don't know where you are from, but here in the UK in the area I'm from, there was a survey done that said brighter coloured bikes were the ones that were stolen the most, so that's one good reason to stick to the darker colours.

Having said that, I've often wondered how they actually got them statistics and how accurate they are.

And did this survey? How much money was granted for this study? Wonder if there are any job openings :eek:

The survey was done by a university in the city and was done over a couple of months. As for the funding, I've no idea. Probably paid for by my tax money like most other things are these days, but don't get me started on that!

Reactions: concord
Mine is green. I've always been fond of bright colors. It feels like they call me on a bright side.

Mine is green. I've always been fond of bright colors. It feels like they call me on a bright side.

I've said in the past that metallic lime green blended with a black goes REALLY nicely together. I also love the look of the Kawasaki standard green tone. That is pretty pleasing on the eyes :)

My current ride is a blend of black, white, and Cannondale puke green.

Puke green? I'm not sure what you eat but I can't recall my puke ever being green, haha!

I think this just shows that everyone will have different tastes when it comes to the colour options so just go with what you like and ignore what others say.

I wouldn't make the colour my number 1 priority though, as its more important to get the right bike, rather than the right colours.

Puke green? I'm not sure what you eat but I can't recall my puke ever being green, haha!

I think this just shows that everyone will have different tastes when it comes to the colour options so just go with what you like and ignore what others say.

I wouldn't make the colour my number 1 priority though, as its more important to get the right bike, rather than the right colours.

It was probably relating to the movie "The Exorcists" when what's her name puked green vomit. :eek:

Reactions: pwarbi
That's ok then, I was getting a little concerned about your diet then for a second! Haha

And I agree, if the actual bike is what you want, then the colour shouldn't really matter, it's the least important aspect when choosing a bike in my opinion.

The color of the bike really doesn't matter to me. It just needs to look cool on the bike and I'm good.

Since I painted mine in black, I can't change it to another one. It's my favorite color and it looks really good, so yeah, I'll keep it that way for a long time

I'd imagine that the colours black or silver are the most popular colours to be honest, although having said that, most one colour bikes ice seen have gone for the brighter shades, and the black ones usually have patterns or stripes on them.

You can't ride the color. My first good bike was a yellow Trek 360, but I bought it because that was the color it came in. My present bike is silver as in titanium with yellow decals that are coming off.

You can't ride the color. My first good bike was a yellow Trek 360, but I bought it because that was the color it came in. My present bike is silver as in titanium with yellow decals that are coming off.

While your right and you can't ride the colour, so to speak, you can have a specific colour that you prefer when it comes to buying a bike.

Like I've said before though, sometimes the bike that's right for you isn't available in the colour you want, so if that's the case you can't really not buy that particular bike, just because the colour isn't right.

Reactions: Bicycleman