Columbus Ohio

Buckeyes

Dec 17, 2009
Whats up I'm 23 and a student at OSU. I have been riding for just over a year but try to put in at leasst a 100 miles a week. I'm bored of riding alone and was wondering if anyone knows of any groups I could join around central Ohio.

ballistic said:
I'm 26 in the Columbus area. Just got into biking though, and am trying to find the right bike to buy.

Do you know about this?
Home : Pelotonia

I found the employees at the Trek store on Sawmill and the Bike Source on North High St to be the most helpful when it came to basic fitting and answering questions that I had when I was looking for my first bike. This doesn't mean you have to buy a Trek or Specialized I think they will help you the most when it comes to the proper frame size and the type of bike you are looking for. I would recommend taking long serious test rides and really try to feel the difference between bikes. You don't want to invest in a bike that makes you miserable after a 40 mile ride. After you have road tested a couple of bike from the bigger chain store look around at some local shops there might be a hidden deal like my Bianchi from Baer Wheels was almost 700$ off the list price because it was an 08 model they were trying to get rid of. Just don't buy the first bike you ride make sure you find something you really like in your price range and you will end up loving it. Other shops to try B1 downtown they carry Cannondale and Bianchi try Roll up at Easton although last time I was there no one was around to help me and there selection was pretty limited and try Baer Wheels on North High they carry Bianchi and Jamis the owner is not the most outgoing of people but he knows his stuff. Hope this helps alittle and let me know how it goes.

I've been to the Trek store and BikeSource. There's a small shop near my parents' house that I need to go to that carries Giant, Fuji, and other brands, but he doesn't stock the Rapid 0. Just the Rapid 3. Aside from the 7.6 FX, I want to ride a Rapid 0 and a Fuji Absolute 1.0. I need to call him again to see if he can order them from the manufacturers for me to test. Otherwise I don't know how I can test them.

ballistic said:
I've been to the Trek store and BikeSource. There's a small shop near my parents' house that I need to go to that carries Giant, Fuji, and other brands, but he doesn't stock the Rapid 0. Just the Rapid 3. Aside from the 7.6 FX, I want to ride a Rapid 0 and a Fuji Absolute 1.0. I need to call him again to see if he can order them from the manufacturers for me to test. Otherwise I don't know how I can test them.

Nice I'm not all that familiar with Giant that being said I know a couple people that ride them and it seems like you couldn't go wrong with one. I get most of my accessories from performance bikes and know they carry Fuji. You might want to compare prices and see which store has a better price on the Fuji maybe save yourself some money.