Come on baby!

Originally Posted by limerickman

Cheers mate. yeah a genuine case of good old fashioned 'flu.

You know you have the flu when you can't walk, eat and all you want to do is sleep 24/7.

Recovered now thankfully!

Except fo the eating part I think I have had the Flu for 3 years by the symptoms described.

My B-I-L picked up a staph infection during an outpatient, minor surgery back in January. It damned near killed him!

He spent 6 weeks in two hospitals and is still not back at work. He uses a walker...a 53 year old 6' 7" tall beast of a man that 'was' as strong as an ox. Weak as a newborn colt.

The smallest things can really do some major damage to even the fittest among us.

Ride on, Lim! The hot days are nearly here! It's 74° right now at a little before noon and with luck we'll hit 80° this afternoon as the kiddies rip my legs off when we meet up to ride.

Originally Posted by limerickman
Just up out of bed where I've been for the last three weeks with influenza.

I got drowned in our Irish spring weather while out pedalling, got a bad bout of 'flu from that spin and ended up in bed for an extended period.

Summer can't arrive quickly enough here
glad to have you back, lim. to have been laid up that long, i'd suspect something more than flu. possibly pneumonia?

hoping you feel well enough to take in some giro while it visits. off to dublin, i imagine?

Originally Posted by slovakguy

glad to have you back, lim. to have been laid up that long, i'd suspect something more than flu. possibly pneumonia?

hoping you feel well enough to take in some giro while it visits. off to dublin, i imagine?
Thanks Slovakguy : the doctor ran the tests for pneumonia and glandular fever and tests came back negative. Which is good.

I'll try to be in Dublin City centre for Sunday. Bad luck for Dan Martin earlier.