Come on, England !!!

Paul - xxx

Guest
Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively clear
for a few hours ... ;)

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:19:32 +0100, "Paul - ***"
<[email protected]> said in <[email protected]>:

>Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

Is there cricket on this week then? I missed that.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On 10/06/2006 13:19, Paul - *** said,
> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.
>
> I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively
> clear for a few hours ... ;)

Win? What's happening? What have I missed?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.
>
> I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively
> clear for a few hours ... ;)

Fekin fat chance!

Paul Boyd wrote:
> On 10/06/2006 13:19, Paul - *** said,
>
>> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

> Win? What's happening? What have I missed?

War with Iran??????

hth,

Tony B

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

Until you mentioned it I was not aware that England were playing. Really.
I couldn't care less who is playing, or who wins. I find football utterly
boring.
Even less interesting than the sexual exploits of some 'celebrity' that I've
never even heard of. I'll be glad when it's all over, and a little more
sanity reigns.
Mike.

Me here <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively
> > clear for a few hours ... ;)

> Fekin fat chance!

Indeed. At least one car parked upside down on the M4 this arbo.

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted in a
0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

> I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively
> clear for a few hours ... ;)

Doubt it most likely sun seekers heading towards beaches

Craig Davies <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted in a
> 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

On the plus side, Auntie Beeb is now showing The Italian Job - one of my
favourites!

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.
>
> I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively
> clear for a few hours ... ;)
>
> --
> Paul ...
> (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Your encouragement obviously did the trick - well, we won, at least...

Craig Davies wrote:
> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted in a
> 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

pretty dull match but job done; I turned off as soon as the BOF's
started the post mortem; are there any channels out there that just
show the match without bloody Motty shouting "danger for England" when
it gets into our half?

What a shame for Para/uruguay, Let hope the mighty Trinadad & Tobago can
knock the stuffing out of the Engerlish softies, a swift stanp on a certain
Wayne Rooney's foot should do the job..

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Craig Davies wrote:
>> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

>> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
>> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
>> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted
>> in a
>> 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

> pretty dull match but job done; I turned off as soon as the BOF's
> started the post mortem; are there any channels out there that just
> show the match without bloody Motty shouting "danger for England" when
> it gets into our half?

"Mike G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

> Until you mentioned it I was not aware that England were playing. Really.
> I couldn't care less who is playing, or who wins. I find football utterly
> boring.
> Even less interesting than the sexual exploits of some 'celebrity' that
> I've never even heard of. I'll be glad when it's all over, and a little
> more sanity reigns.

A O Fukin L!

Bores the **** off me as well.

Response to Mike G:
> Until you mentioned it I was not aware that England were playing. Really.
> I couldn't care less who is playing, or who wins. I find football utterly
> boring.
> Even less interesting than the sexual exploits of some 'celebrity' that I've
> never even heard of. I'll be glad when it's all over, and a little more
> sanity reigns.

Use it to your advantage: SWMBO went shopping at 2 o'clock this
afternoon, and the town was practically deserted.

--
Mark, UK
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Craig Davies wrote:
>> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

>> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
>> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
>> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted
>> in a
>> 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

> pretty dull match but job done; I turned off as soon as the BOF's
> started the post mortem; are there any channels out there that just
> show the match without bloody Motty shouting "danger for England" when
> it gets into our half?

I know I had at on mute

Craig Davies wrote:

> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted in a
> 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

What's unbelievable is how the commentators and pundits were giving
Beckham credit for the goal, when you could see from the replay behind
the goal that the keeper had it covered all the way until it came off
the head of the defender.

"Anton Gijsen" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Craig Davies wrote:
>
>> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
>> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
>> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted
>> in a 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

> What's unbelievable is how the commentators and pundits were giving
> Beckham credit for the goal, when you could see from the replay behind the
> goal that the keeper had it covered all the way until it came off the head
> of the defender.

I know but the papers tomorrow will also credit Beckham for the goal

Craig Davies wrote:
> "Anton Gijsen" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
>> Craig Davies wrote:
>>
>>> Just watched the match and it was a good match, bad for Paraguay with the
>>> own goal which resulted in 1-0 to England. I would have thought at least
>>> England would at least get a goal by themselves. It would have resulted
>>> in a 0-0 probably (I dont know) if it wasn't for the own goal, oh well.

>> What's unbelievable is how the commentators and pundits were giving
>> Beckham credit for the goal, when you could see from the replay behind the
>> goal that the keeper had it covered all the way until it came off the head
>> of the defender.

> I know but the papers tomorrow will also credit Beckham for the goal

Well they're unlikly to hurl scathing critisism at their darling
national team, are they?

Paul - *** came up with the following;:
> Just thought I'd add to the furore and say that I hope England win.

Heheheheh, glad we won.

> I'm away now to 'play' whilst the roads and trails will be relatively
> clear for a few hours ... ;)

Had a great time, thank you very much, riding a mate's Fazer 600 while he
was on his gixxer 1000 .. empty roads mostly to the coast for a while and
back. Then out with the Landrover and Trials bikes, again we had the hills
to ourselves for two hours, which is unheard of.

Fantastic. Can't wait for the next 'big' game when we're going to do it
again.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!