Come on, England !!!

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:13:19 GMT, "McKev" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"SD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> I'm just surprised that stopping on a motorway to help some halfwit
>> sweep up their caravan is legal, is all.

>I wish someone would turn the light on in your drug-eroded brain. Just
>because your anti-caravan you seem to desert any sense of other peoples loss
>or need. Sad.

My brain hasn't got a light fitted: perhaps you're thinking of my
fridge.

I also don't have an anti-caravan. Are they any good?
--
| ___ Salad Dodger
|/ \
_/_____\_ GL1500SEV/CBR1100XXX/CBX1000Z
|_\_____/_| ..80264../..21661.../..31308.
(>|_|_|<) TPPFATUICG#7 DIAABTCOD#9 WG*
|__|_|__| BOTAFOT #70 BOTAFOF #09 PM#5
\ |^| / IbW#0 & KotIbW# BotTOS#6 GP#4
\|^|/ ANORAK#17 IbB#4 YTC#4 two#11
'^' RBR'06 Points: 75 Miles: 317

"SD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:13:19 GMT, "McKev" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>>"SD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> I'm just surprised that stopping on a motorway to help some halfwit
>>> sweep up their caravan is legal, is all.

>>I wish someone would turn the light on in your drug-eroded brain. Just
>>because your anti-caravan you seem to desert any sense of other peoples
>>loss
>>or need. Sad.

> My brain hasn't got a light fitted: perhaps you're thinking of my
> fridge.

<cue Essex girl joke>

> I also don't have an anti-caravan. Are they any good?

Well, see, when an anti-caravan neutrino comes in to contact with a caravan
neutron, the energy released is enough to power part of Stoke on Trent for
some centuries.

Ali

"Gizmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Alex Heney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:19:04 +0100, "Gizmo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>I didnt
>>>I'm assuming you've quoted the wrong person ? ;o)
>>>

>> Well how can you say it would have taken him 2 mouse clicks, without
>> deciding he should be using one which has the kill thread facility
>> that only takes 2 clicks?

> He's using OE ... the information is in his headers.
> Therefore - 2 clicks, job done

Piece of ****, too. Or you can do one click and a key stroke. That works.

Ali

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:07:18 +0100, gomez said ...

In which case you'd still have an ********, even if it wasn't in use.
--
Bear

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:07:18 +0100, "gomez" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"SD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 13 Jun 2006 14:41:53 GMT, Adrian <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Westy ([email protected]) gurgled happily,
>>>sounding
>>>much like they were saying :

>>>Almost everyone has an ******** too...

>> "Almost"?

>Colostomy bag?

No thanks, I couldn't eat another thing.
--

Andy M wrote:

> Not a single person even had the decency to put OT in the subject!

yup, that'd solve it.

Damn "Come on, England!!!" subject and its many misleading meanings.

> Probably not a single person even bothered to read their respective NG
> charter!

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.cycling.html
"No Charter available for this newsgroup."

> Please take any footy discussions, for or against,
> to uk.sport.football or somewhere ON topic.

out of curiosity, are you a member of any off-internet turn-up-in-person
forums? Beer / women / toys / etc are a regular topic of conversation at
my SCUBA club.

its a long time since most of us argued to minimise fluff to save us the
cost of downloading it. Since then its become mainly habit. Big binaries
and spam are one thing, something relevant to most users of a forum is
another.

if you want to get the best of a powerful system, learn to use the
powerful tools. Its not like we charge you for them.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:12:28 +0100, Westy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:42:05 +0100, Alex Heney <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:19:04 +0100, "Gizmo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"Alex Heney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>I didnt
>>>I'm assuming you've quoted the wrong person ? ;o)
>>>

>>Well how can you say it would have taken him 2 mouse clicks, without
>>deciding he should be using one which has the kill thread facility
>>that only takes 2 clicks?

>>>It doesnt. it works just fine if used correctly.

>>I meant your news client has a lot wrong with it, not that its
>>implementation of kill thread did.

>>>OE will do that just fine. 2 mouse clicks - job done
>>>

>>It is the same with Agent. One click to save the message, a second to
>>"kill thread".

>Rubbish. I use Agent and you simply select the thread then click on
>the 'kill thread' button on the standard toolbar or right-click and
>select kill thread. Then you can sort the posts so that 'watched'
>threads are at the top, new threads are next in descending date order
>and the 'ignored' threads are at the bottom and no new headers/bodies
>are retrieved for them when you next fetch headers.
>
>Maybe you should learn how to use Agent properly or go back to OE?

I do know how to use Agent properly.

You clearly choose not to purge read messages regularly.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
MS-DOS: celebrating ten years of obsolescence

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:36:16 +0100, "Gizmo" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Alex Heney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:19:04 +0100, "Gizmo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>I didnt
>>>I'm assuming you've quoted the wrong person ? ;o)
>>>

>> Well how can you say it would have taken him 2 mouse clicks, without
>> deciding he should be using one which has the kill thread facility
>> that only takes 2 clicks?

>He's using OE ... the information is in his headers.
>Therefore - 2 clicks, job done

No he isn't.

He is posting using Google groups. As you say, the information is in
his headers
<news:[email protected]>
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Never enough time, unless you're serving it.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:38:51 +0100, Alex Heney said ...

And you clearly can't snip for ****. We all have our crosses to bear.
--
Bear

drugs began to take hold. I remember SD <[email protected]>
saying something like:

>I also don't have an anti-caravan. Are they any good?

Maybe a bit like antipasto.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

drugs began to take hold. I remember Daytona <[email protected]> saying
something like:

******.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a
Teeth of the Jungle.
Folding@Home Team UKRM http://www.tinyurl.com/jkxwv

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:40:58 +0100, Bear <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:38:51 +0100, Alex Heney said ...
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:12:28 +0100, Westy
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Maybe you should learn how to use Agent properly or go back to OE?

>> I do know how to use Agent properly.
>>
>> You clearly choose not to purge read messages regularly.

>And you clearly can't snip for ****. We all have our crosses to bear.

Wrong, ****.

Just because for once I didn't here.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Lobotomize Hillary - Now there's a health plan.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:45:43 +0100, "Alison Hopkins"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Alex Heney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> I do know how to use Agent properly.
>>

>But not how to snip, you muppet.

Wrong, ****.

Just because for once I didn't here.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Lobotomize Hillary - Now there's a health plan.

"Adrian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> McKev ([email protected]) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
> were saying :

>>> Memory a bit short? Did the assault case against you not proceed for
>>> some reason?

>> Ive never had an assault case proceed against me Adrian.

> Not even the one against the "Paki ******* in the green popemobile"? Why'd
> it get dropped?

Dropped? The police werent involved Adrian.

McK.

In news:[email protected],
Grimly Curmudgeon said:
> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember SD <[email protected]>
> saying something like:
>
>> I also don't have an anti-caravan. Are they any good?

> Maybe a bit like antipasto.

Or maybe even Anti Pesto (ref Wallace & Grommit; The Curse of the Were
Rabbit)?

In news:[email protected],
Alison Hopkins said:
> "Jeff York" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> It is if you are an HGV for which the limit is still 40mph.
>>>
>>> Do you still drive at 60mph in thick fog or deep snow or do you
>>> drive at a speed appropriate for the conditions and your vehicle?

>> I've always found this argument very interesting... It's assumed that
>> any half-decent driver should have the sense and judgement to decide
>> if a speed lower than the limit is appropriate if the conditions are
>> poor, yet this judgement is deemed to have suddenly deserted him/her
>> if the chosen speed is higher than the limit when conditions are
>> favourable.
>>

> May I say what a jolly sensible chap you are.

It's inadvisable in any of these newsgroups..

In news:[email protected],
Tom Crispin said:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:48:10 +0100, "Brimstone"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> And what's that to do with anything?

> I have... and...

Try catman's last post, the one before you barged in and made a prat of
yourself.