Come on in Tyson, the water's fine!

DesFlurane

Sep 29, 2005
Hi,
Just completed my first 7 days with the 2.4 :cool:
Just so inspiring to have all your efforts logged, no detail of the ride is missing (altitude maybe would be interesting, though may not be hugely useful ).
Setting your FTP is quite tricky at the start, I went from gut feeling to begin with and now Power distribution seems to confim the general ballpark.
Will try for an iso effort in the next week or so.
I have managed to rack up 958.5 TSS points and am more than a little fatigued and sore:D
Time for some supercompensation magic to occour, maybe helped by a glass or 3 of wine;)
Tyson, hope your PT arrives soon and you can join the fun.

DesFlurane said:
Hi,
Just completed my first 7 days with the 2.4 :cool:
Just so inspiring to have all your efforts logged, no detail of the ride is missing (altitude maybe would be interesting, though may not be hugely useful ).
Setting your FTP is quite tricky at the start, I went from gut feeling to begin with and now Power distribution seems to confim the general ballpark.
Will try for an iso effort in the next week or so.
I have managed to rack up 958.5 TSS points and am more than a little fatigued and sore:D
Time for some supercompensation magic to occour, maybe helped by a glass or 3 of wine;)
Tyson, hope your PT arrives soon and you can join the fun.
Thanks DF, but I've been waiting for you guys to sort out the problems first before getting my feet wet. I also seem to have lost my contact, I think he's done a runner.
341.gif

Also some are still saying no, you should wait a while before buying, others are saying yes, like yourself -buy now.
fight1.gif

Buy now:p

If it goes pearshaped you can send it back and get a new one!
If you can put up with the hassle.
Just do it.

DesFlurane said:
Just so inspiring to have all your efforts logged, no detail of the ride is missing (altitude maybe would be interesting, though may not be hugely useful).

Hmm... I have to disagree on the altitude thing. Maybe I'm spoiled after having had an altimeter on my bike since the original Avocet 50 days, but having gradient data in combination with speed and power data would be the ultimate. It's not like the technology is expensive, and 'interpreting hills' from speed data is simply prehistoric. There is nothing that affects the (potential) speed of your bicycle more than gradient, and for that key metric to be missing from the data that we do have is curious. I still wonder at how few cyclecomputers (even today) have altitude.

Until the PowerTap includes this key piece of data (IMO), I won't buy one, and will likely opt for the idiosyncracies of the Polar CS600. I guess I'm a data geek... :)