come on women cyclists

hod65

Jun 24, 2009
we havnt heard from you for a while :women cyclists of the world; :) we need women in our lives......;)

Well, I'm here. 46 y.o. female, watched Le Tour de France for the first time and got super excited about road biking. Walked in the bike store and got hit with a huge case of sticker shock. After researching a bit and consulting with biking friends, I found a 1 1/2 year old Felt Z80 for about half the price of new. I've only taken it out once so far, I can tell I will need a new saddle, but I'm loving it. Feels like when I was a kid and we rode all over my hometown. I noticed there's not much out there on women's cycling so hope to chat it up in here.

Charlieggo said:
Well, I'm here. 46 y.o. female, watched Le Tour de France for the first time and got super excited about road biking. Walked in the bike store and got hit with a huge case of sticker shock. After researching a bit and consulting with biking friends, I found a 1 1/2 year old Felt Z80 for about half the price of new. I've only taken it out once so far, I can tell I will need a new saddle, but I'm loving it. Feels like when I was a kid and we rode all over my hometown. I noticed there's not much out there on women's cycling so hope to chat it up in here.

Now that sounds pretty familiar :)

I also wanted to start riding my bike more - i was doing tiny little 2-3 mile rides previously - after watching racing and local riders in the hills.

Yeap, got the big sticker shock at the bike shop but found a good used bike and power meter device too.

Lots of fun so far.

DancenMacabre said:
Now that sounds pretty familiar :)

I also wanted to start riding my bike more - i was doing tiny little 2-3 mile rides previously - after watching racing and local riders in the hills.

Yeap, got the big sticker shock at the bike shop but found a good used bike and power meter device too.

Lots of fun so far.

Okay, what's a power meter device? Do I need one of those? :)

havn't bought road bike yet have hybrid which is agreat bike think i would keep it and hve two bikes , just moving to new flat at moment so will have to wait a while before purchaseing ..maybe if i wrote the best letter to santa....