Comfort bike purchase advice

I would go with the trek 7100. I bought this bike 4 years ago to get back into shape and this bike was a dream. It was comfortable on long rides and it took a ton of abuse. The most important is that Trek retains it value very well. So when you are ready to upgrade you can sell your trek and buy a new bike. One more thing to consider is the bike shop. These bikes are very close in components and the price is the same. So the bike shop that takes their time to fit you on the bike and gives you the best service i would go with them. Test ride everything I would add to this list the Fuji crosstown and the giant sedona. good luck

Thanks for the help. I really liked the Trek, but the closest dealer is quite a drive away and they weren't the most customer friendly.

The shop down the street is a dealer for KHS. They only stock road bikes but have offered to order one in for me. I liked the customer service and their stated commitment to making sure the bike was right when it came in have me sold.

Lanetk said:
I need advice on a new bike purchase. It will be used for riding arround the neighborhood with my kids and on the greenway with my wife who has a nice roadbike. I am 44 years old 6' tall and weight 275 lbs.

In looking arround the 2 bikes I am most considering are:

KHS Westwood 21" KHS Bicycles :: Westwood

or

Trek 7100 20" Compare Models of Trek Bicycles | Trek Bikes

What would be your advice? THANKS

You can never go wrong with a Trek. That is what my road bike is. For a comfort bike, you might want to consider a Giant Sedona. We have one that my wife and daughter share, (and yes I have ridden it). It is awesome.

You know, you won't be able to keep up with your sweetie if you get a comfort bike. A good road biker can average 20 mph or more.

garage sale GT said:
You know, you won't be able to keep up with your sweetie if you get a comfort bike. A good road biker can average 20 mph or more.

True, I probably wont keep up on the road. But if I do it "comfortably" I'll still be able to keep up with her elsewhere ....

Johnrobinson said:
For a comfort bike, you might want to consider a Giant Sedona. We have one that my wife and daughter share, (and yes I have ridden it). It is awesome.

I own one of those. It is like riding a La-Z-Boy on wheels; after being on the road bike, I hop on that and go "ahhhhh." Unfortunately it weighs a metric ton - the "comfort" only lasts until the first slight uphill stretch. I once got in a head-on collision and totaled out a Dodge Neon with it.

Stay away from Trek! I swear everyone always tells people to buy a Trek. You need to go to a shop and ride a few bikes and see what fits you. Your a big dude and remember most bikes are made for guys that are 5'10" 175. Look at the specialized line.

Ensmongo said:
Stay away from Trek! I swear everyone always tells people to buy a Trek. You need to go to a shop and ride a few bikes and see what fits you. Your a big dude and remember most bikes are made for guys that are 5'10" 175. Look at the specialized line.

What is your deal with Trek???? If Trek is so bad WHY ARE THEY STILL AROUND AND THE MOST SOLD BIKE????:rolleyes: