comfortable saddles

Its not about the saddle its about you. You have to find the right saddle for your comfort level. I have been through three until I found the one that worked. Believe it or not but the one the fits me well was the cheapest of the bunch. I would recommend Selle. Try its line, but start from the mid range price and work up. You have to keep your mind open as well. In other words, its going to take some miles, riding conditions, and road conditions before you are going to notice. Good luck.
wingtai78 said:
which seats are the most comfortable for guys?

sup4012 said:
Its not about the saddle its about you. You have to find the right saddle for your comfort level...
All true, but I would recommend looking at the Brooks models B17N, B17, Pro/Team Pro, Swift, Colt.

Check 'em out: www.permaco.com

Another mention for Brooks. The B17 has a shape that seems to work for a lot of folks. I have Brooks B17's on two of my bikes (the two I ride the most) and once they're broken in there's no saddle that's anywhere near as comfortable for me.

I have a Selle Italia Flite and hate it. My brother has the same saddle and loves it. I will probably give the Specialized body geometry saddles a go at some point or maybe the WTB's. Having said that I don't hate it to the point where I am going to go out and spend £50 on a new saddle just yet. Will only replace when it wears out.

Deffo, the rider not the saddle.

davebee said:
I have a Selle Italia Flite and hate it...
Dave, you're in UK. I don't see why you don't go down the street to the next shop and try a Swift or Pro. There must be a Brooks dealer every half mile in London!

I tried several, and settled on Selle Italia Prolink. Heavier than most, but I have it on both a commuter 26incher and a Cannondale road bike. Ride centuries with no sore bottom. Don't forget to check saddle position as well.

Tried a bunch of them. Selle SLR was good, but you had to sit on it just right, rather narrow comfort zone.

Now riding a Fizik Aliante - expensive, but it works for me. Did 50 miles on Sunday, no posterior discomfort.

I've tried 20 different saddles over the last 20 yrs, and by far my most favorite is the Brooks Ti Swift. Not the lightest saddle ever made but mine is 5yrs old and very comfortable. Plus, it will last forever with reasonable care.

There is no right answer. Fizik alliante fits my biscuit. Your biscuit is probably different. Go test 'em.

I went through a lot of saddles and a lot of pain until I got the Specialized BG Sport. It's not the lightest and it's not exactly sleek but it's comfortable and prevented me from giving up on cycling completely.

litespeedguy said:
I like my fizik arione - there was an adjustment period - but it's great !!!
I've only logged 2 rides and 80 miles on this seat but so far it's better than my previous one.

BigJohn said:
I've tried 20 different saddles over the last 20 yrs, and by far my most favorite is the Brooks Ti Swift. Not the lightest saddle ever made but mine is 5yrs old and very comfortable. Plus, it will last forever with reasonable care.
The Swift will probably be the next Brooks I try, that or the Colt. If I could afford one, I'd certainly try a Swallow :( .

Just demoed the B17 Narrow for a couple of weeks and was getting a lot of numbness from being too much on the perineal area/not enough on the sit bones. So it's back to my trusty hacked Pro for now...

Wurm said:
The Swift will probably be the next Brooks I try, that or the Colt. If I could afford one, I'd certainly try a Swallow :( .

Just demoed the B17 Narrow for a couple of weeks and was getting a lot of numbness from being too much on the perineal area/not enough on the sit bones. So it's back to my trusty hacked Pro for now...

I am going to put a vote in for the Fizik Rondine. I haven't had it too long, but after some initial break in, it seems quite comfortable. It has the "wing flex" but more padded and a little shorter than an Arione.

I've tried quite a few and the one I pefer is the Selle San Marco Aspide. Just fit's me right and only 160 gms too..
:cool: