Comforting an old friend

stevebaby said:
Foot fault actually...you put it in your mouth again.

BTW,I'm not English...and I'm not your friend. Can't you get anything
right?
OK...so I'm a drunk.Tomorrow I'll be sober and you'll still be a fool.
So...for the benefit of the slow learner who is holding the whole class back...I'll start back at the beginning with one of the three examples previously cited.
Despite Billy-bub's attempt to divert the issue from whether the US has committed acts of aggressive war to the size of the war...as if that made any difference...the fact is that the US attacked the Republic of the Philippines.

The Republic of the Philippines declared independence on the 12th of June,1898.
Us troops invaded the Philippines on the 14th of August,1898. In January 1899 the first Filipino President was declared and the Americans attacked a month later.
4,324 American soldiers were killed in the subsequent war.16,000 Filipino soldiers were killed and civilian deaths have been estimated to be from 250,000 to1,000,000. The population of the Philippines was estimated to be 7 million at the time of the American invasion.
So,more American troops were killed in the Philippine war than in the first and second Oil Wars and the War in Afghanistan combined.The Philippines could not possibly have been a threat to the security of the US. By any standard,that makes it an "aggressive war"...a war crime. It was not the only war crime...the war was notable for the killing of unarmed prisoners by US troops,the use of concentration camps and...the use of "water torture" by US troops. Sound familiar?

Getting back to whether the US government regards wars as "major" or not is beside the point.War is not defined by the number of casualties.War is defined by the act of aggression against another country.

The Philippines war was an act of aggression by the US against the Philippines Republic.
Many American officers and soldiers referred to it as "a ****er-killing business".

Game still over...you said 100 years. 1898 believe it or not....was more than 100 years ago and I am only going by the parameters that YOU set.

Also...it isn't the US government that determined them to be major...it is historians in general....of which many likely contributed to YOUR link.

He shoots....he scores....again.

If we want to open it up beyond 100 years my drunken non friend...then I guess we could open it up to the bloodletting that took place in Europe back in the day. That would dwarf anything America might have done.

This is fun.

stevebaby said:
Just the beginning,Dave.We have a lot of wars to work through.
Fortunately I will be able to sustain myself with the nutritious goodness of beer,while poor ol' babble-bob will be floundering by the wayside on his diet of Kool-Aid.
Beer always wins.
You're country, if I am not mistaken, is in the southern hemisphere, no :confused: If I am correct, it was colonized by a great warring nation, correct :confused: Your people are not w/o blame, so it would appear.

BillM said:
Could you list every "aggressive" war that was INITIATED by America in the last say 100 years? I don't want to hear about arming rebels or any of that other BS....armed invasion of another country by US troops.
You're lying again. I didn't set any parameters at all.
An "Act of War" is not conditional on the number of casualties incurred. It's defined by the actual act and the intent. The US went to war against Iraq in the first Oil War before a single American life was lost. The US went to war with Vietnam after the staged "Gulf of Tonkin" incident and there were no lives lost in that incident either. Whether the US Government or historians in general consider them to be major conflicts or is irrelevant.
All you've done is open your mouth to change feet.
:D :D :D

stevebaby said:
You're lying again. I didn't set any parameters at all.
An "Act of War" is not conditional on the number of casualties incurred. It's defined by the actual act and the intent. The US went to war against Iraq in the first Oil War before a single American life was lost. The US went to war with Vietnam after the staged "Gulf of Tonkin" incident and there were no lives lost in that incident either. Whether the US Government or historians in general consider them to be major conflicts or is irrelevant.
All you've done is open your mouth to change feet.
It's your link...not mine.

The only one who still thinks you have a point is you and the other haters...anyone with an IQ bigger than their waist size will tell you that many other countries have a far more sinister record of waging war than America.

We're just better at it than them.

BillM said:

The only one who still thinks you have a point is you and the other haters...anyone with an IQ bigger than their waist size will tell you that many other countries have a far more sinister record of waging war than America.

You're better at it...even though you don't do it?Grab yer ankles and stick yer head back in the Kool-aid trough and when we're interested in yer opinion...Rupert will give it to ya!

BTW what language do you speak...for the time being?

stevebaby said:
You're better at it...even though you don't do it?Grab yer ankles and stick yer head back in the Kool-aid trough and when we're interested in yer opinion...Rupert will give it to ya!

BTW what language do you speak...for the time being?

Apparently I need to learn to speak Dummyese so you can understand me better.

I didn't say we didn't DO it....I said we didn't START it.

Are you infatuated with Rupert too? Is that another Brokeback thing you've got going on?

"We are expected to have a memory span not to exceed the last episode of american idol"
-jello biafra

waddabout the reaganesque exploits in costa rica, el salvador, panama, and hey so easily forgot, grenada. guns for drugs, anyone?

the demonization of an enemy is what makes 'em worth attacking, and this is based on the profit motive for the multination corporations, who exist to exploit the resources of any given region. this is what is not understood by those who be ignorant of these fundamentals, or understood yet rationalized and condoned by those who do not oppose this, justiying exploitation for profit at the price of humanity and environment.

if you live in a nation that is complicit in these crimes it would seem the right thing to do would be to support germany and their course of action in these criminal matters...

Wurm said:
Not to mention the most obvious one going on right now: the War For Oil in Iraq & A'stan, both initiated by a criminally aggressive US. The invasions of both countries were based on manufactured, over-hyped "enemies" and therefore, can be considered aggression.

Then there was Vietnam - not started by the US, but they joined in without real provocation or danger to national interests. As is well known today, Gulf of Tonkin was also a fabricated motive.

That BillM - not the brightest lamp on the street, is he? :eek: :D

by any measure, the us exceeds any in commiting terrorist acts. waving the flag and popping a can 'o bud does not make this any less so.

can i give ya a list? 'cause it seems you are in the dark. pulling one's head out of the sand can start here and now.
www.neravt.com/left/invade.htm

BillM said: