Comforting an old friend

davidmc said:
Yes. What is up w/ the constant drum beat of bitterness from him :confused:
Simple. He knows he's wrong so he is bitter. Welching on a bet is like shooting someone in the back. There are things in life that "real men" dont do, and one of them is welching on a bet.

BillM said:
BAHHAHAHAHAA

The fact that those are your Top 3....speaks volumes.

Shut up.
Actually,they are not "the top three".They are a response to a specific request...for evidence and dates of the wars initiated by the US against "Spain,Mexico...the Phillippines."There are ,of course,many more examples contained in the original link (which you have been unable to refute).
Again,show me where any other country has a record which comes anywhere near the list in the original link.
So far,your only "argument has been..."shut up".Very obviously,you are ill-equipped for any sort of debate or reasoned argument. You don't have the education or intelligence for it,do you?

Come on,loudmouth. Come up with the goods...the attempt will fail,of course,but you will provide a bit of entertainment for us.You'll embarrass yourself,naturally,but I'm sure you have had a whole lifetime of embarrassment and humiliation and you're probably accustomed to it by now.

Come on...show us what you're made of.Come up with something that has a little more intellectual substance than..... "shut up".
:D :D :D

davidmc said:
The phillipines should not have been seperated from the spanish/american war. That shortens his list to two :rolleyes: America bashing seems to be a popular sport. I said it before & I'll say it again-"Its not easy being the worlds policeman." Do we make mistakes :confused: Yes. Who will step up to the plate if we don't :confused: No one ;)
They are in fact,separate conflicts.The first was fought against Spain and led the US government of the day to think they had some claim over the Phillippines.The second was fought against the Phillippines Army which was commanded and manned by Filipinos in defence of their own country.
Right throughout the nineteenth century,American ships and troops were making incursions into the Pacific Islands,Asia ,and Central and South America. The Monroe doctrine was completely against the beliefs of the founding fathers of the United States,who were opposed to a standing army or naval forces larger than necessary for the coastal defence of the Continental United States.

The thing about "being the world's policeman" is that policemen are appointed by a community to enforce the laws of that community....and they are accountable to that community if they get it wrong.The correct word for self-appointed enforcers accountable to nobody but themselves is "gangster",the word Major-General Smedley Butler used to describe his activities as the most decorated American soldier of the early twentieth century,on behalf of Wall Street and American big business.
Who is the US accountable to?
The US won't join the International Criminal Court on the grounds that its own military will be held accountable.The US refused to allow the ICC to try Saddam Hussein for "crimes against humanity".Instead,they set up a kangaroo court where the verdict would be a foregone conclusion.Surely,if Hussein was accused of crimes against the whole of humanity,then the whole of the world should have tried him via the ICC in the Hague? The Nuremburg trials were an international affair,on the grounds of procedural fairness and because the accused were charged with crimes that affected other nations.
Note,the prisoners in the dock at Nuremburg were charged with..."Waging aggressive war". Anyone who cares to do a bit of research will soon see how WW2 started.It started with the Nazis deciding to attack Poland,then staging an incident on spurious grounds with concocted evidence, to order a general attack.
Sound familiar?

IIRC,it was Thomas Jefferson who warned against "foreign entanglements". The warning has been forgotten.

stevebaby said:
Actually,they are not "the top three".They are a response to a specific request...for evidence and dates of the wars initiated by the US against "Spain,Mexico...the Phillippines."There are ,of course,many more examples contained in the original link (which you have been unable to refute).
Again,show me where any other country has a record which comes anywhere near the list in the original link.
So far,your only "argument has been..."shut up".Very obviously,you are ill-equipped for any sort of debate or reasoned argument. You don't have the education or intelligence for it,do you?

Come on,loudmouth. Come up with the goods...the attempt will fail,of course,but you will provide a bit of entertainment for us.You'll embarrass yourself,naturally,but I'm sure you have had a whole lifetime of embarrassment and humiliation and you're probably accustomed to it by now.

Come on...show us what you're made of.Come up with something that has a little more intellectual substance than..... "shut up".

Listen...this is easy. YOU were the one who made the allegation.....so if these aren't your TOP 3 then tell me what they are. I already copped to Iraq..so I won't argue that one. After that what do you have? If the USA is the most aggressive war waging country in the world then it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a couple that we started.

In the last century...GERMANY....was by FAR the most aggressive war waging country on the planet IMO......yet I don't hear a peep out of you about them.

In the last 500 years I think England would rank pretty high on the list of war waging aggressors too but somehow they get a pass?

So....tell us Steve....since YOU made the allegation.....What are the top 3?

I've asked you in about 5 different posts and you still won't produce.....so I think shut up is kind of appropriate.

If you want me to leave you alone then retract your statement or simply produce YOUR top 3 wars that were aggressively waged by the USA on another country.

This is fun watching you backtrack.

stevebaby said:
Show me which of these campaigns were defensive i.e in defence of the US.
Military action is either defensive or offensive.If you want to argue that it is acceptable for the US to invade other countries to "protect American interests",then you have to accept that it is acceptable for other countries to protect their interests by attacking the US.
Anything else is rank hypocrisy.
Why don't you do a search...and show me any other country with that record of military intervention in other countries. There is no other country with that record and you know it.

All wars are offensive!

BillM said:
Listen...this is easy. YOU were the one who made the allegation.....so if these aren't your TOP 3 then tell me what they are. I already copped to Iraq..so I won't argue that one. After that what do you have? If the USA is the most aggressive war waging country in the world then it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a couple that we started.

In the last century...GERMANY....was by FAR the most aggressive war waging country on the planet IMO......yet I don't hear a peep out of you about them.

In the last 500 years I think England would rank pretty high on the list of war waging aggressors too but somehow they get a pass?

So....tell us Steve....since YOU made the allegation.....What are the top 3?

I've asked you in about 5 different posts and you still won't produce.....so I think shut up is kind of appropriate.

If you want me to leave you alone then retract your statement or simply produce YOUR top 3 wars that were aggressively waged by the USA on another country.

This is fun watching you backtrack.
It would serve no purpose to try to rank wars in some sort of undefined order,other than chronological.
You challenged me to come up with evidence that the US had attacked Spain,Mexico or the Phillippines and the evidence is there.They were some of the early wars in the last hundred years or so,from a very long list which I have posted already and which you are doing your best to deny. Anyone who looks at the list...posted again...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._foreign_interventions_since_1945
List of United States military history events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can see what the record of the US,particularly in Central America,has been.

So...how many wars did Germany start?
The three that I have already listed (Spain,Mexico,the Phillippines) were all started by the US before WW1. The link above contains the rest of the overt wars. There are many other covert wars of course.
England's record over the last 500 years cannot be compared to the record of the US over the last 100 years.
How many wars has Britain started...in the last 100 years?
If you think I want to be "left alone"....BBWWAAAAAhaaahaaahaaa :D :D :D If I didn't welcome the opportunity to see you expose your ignorance,your inability to frame any sort of coherent argument or produce any evidence to refute my argument, then I would simply not respond to the nonsense that you post. As it happens,it amuses me to watch you twist and turn on the skewer.

KEEP'EM COMIN', BILLY-BOB! KEEP'EM COMIN"!

stevebaby said:
Of course they are...apart from the War on Sobriety,which I didn't start,but I'm going to "stay the course".

As you have been told before. Quiting alcohol is easy. I've done it a thousand time.
On the other hand you can always blame the WMD (Whiskey of Mass Distillation).

stevebaby said:
Of course they are...apart from the War on Sobriety,which I didn't start,but I'm going to "stay the course".

...i have not yet received my booking information for the mel gibson clinic...

...i'm beginning to suspect this is yet another internet scam...

stevebaby said:
It would serve no purpose to try to rank wars in some sort of undefined order,other than chronological.
You challenged me to come up with evidence that the US had attacked Spain,Mexico or the Phillippines and the evidence is there.They were some of the early wars in the last hundred years or so,from a very long list which I have posted already and which you are doing your best to deny. Anyone who looks at the list...posted again...
List of United States military history events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The three that I have already listed (Spain,Mexico,the Phillippines) were all started by the US before WW1. The link above contains the rest of the overt wars. There are many other covert wars of course.
England's record over the last 500 years cannot be compared to the record of the US over the last 100 years.
If you think I want to be "left alone"....BBWWAAAAAhaaahaaahaaa :D :D :D If I didn't welcome the opportunity to see you expose your ignorance,your inability to frame any sort of coherent argument or produce any evidence to refute my argument, then I would simply not respond to the nonsense that you post. As it happens,it amuses me to watch you twist and turn on the skewer.

Don't forget the US wars by proxy, especially as you say in South America.

Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile were all conflicts in which the USA played a very significant role : where US "support" for militias was widespread and included financing, logistical and the supply of military hardware.

slovakguy said:
...i have not yet received my booking information for the mel gibson clinic...

...i'm beginning to suspect this is yet another internet scam...
You're right...it's a scam to get your credit details.
How do you think I can afford to stay drunk all the time?
Fortunately,Craggy Island has no extradition treaties with anyone.If we did,the whole island would be forcibly depopulated in minutes.We gave up the extradition business when our attempt to extradite some Swedish girls for "International moral turpitude" failed.

jhuskey said:
As you have been told before. Quiting alcohol is easy. I've done it a thousand time.
On the other hand you can always blame the WMD (Whiskey of Mass Distillation).
...and the other WMD...Women of Moral Delinquency...they've driven me to drink many times.It was only a short drive and I didn't have to go out of my way much though.

davidmc said:
Yes. What is up w/ the constant drum beat of bitterness from him :confused:
Because like most of the hypocritical, delusional hard-right wingers, wolfux figures that if he repeats something often enough (ie: lies, distortions, denials) people will start to believe it.

This GOP strategy certainly has worked on him and his ilk.

stevebaby said:
IIRC,it was Thomas Jefferson who warned against "foreign entanglements". The warning has been forgotten.
No. it was G. Washington. Never the less, the monroe doctrine only applied to the western (n. & s. america) hemisphere. You do , however make some very pertininent points.
On another note, Capitalism is about "expanding markets". Ask the Chinese. We didn't invent it. To engage in the expanded markets one must have a certain amt. of security. Why do you think my country's warship challenged that civilian transport in Scotland :rolleyes: Seriously though, if you invest you want guarantees that there will be security.

stevebaby said:
It wouldn't serve your purpose. Back track all you like. The hate club will take your side....those with an IQ larger than their waist will see that you have zero credibility to back up what you allege.

This is the most retarded attempt at "evidence" I have ever seen. Let's take an example:

"1912 -- Turkey. - November 18 to December 3. US forces guarded the American legation at Constantinople during a Balkan War.

If your cool with calling that aggressive war waged by the US....then I guess you're right. We're bloodthirsty. :rolleyes:

They are peaceful...and not American so I guess that would mean none. It must have been our fault.

You're right...because the US over the last 100 years is almost non-existent.

I'd say as many as America. Considering they are our most trusted ally on the planet.

Well...could you start exposing something then...because all you've done is back track and try to twist defending our embassy into waging war.

Ok. Could you name one...actual war...other than Iraq?

How about 1? Not a skirmish...not a flag raising....an "aggressive war".

davidmc said:
No. it was G. Washington. Never the less, the monroe doctrine only applied to the western (n. & s. america) hemisphere. You do , however make some very pertininent points.
On another note, Capitalism is about "expanding markets". Ask the Chinese. We didn't invent it. To engage in the expanded markets one must have a certain amt. of security. Why do you think my country's warship challenged that civilian transport in Scotland :rolleyes: Seriously though, if you invest you want guarantees that there will be security.
We are both correct.It was both Washington and Jefferson who used the phrase on several occasions.
How many foreign bases does China have,to ensure the security of their investments,particularly in the US?

BillM said:
Ok. Could you name one...actual war...other than Iraq?

How about 1? Not a skirmish...not a flag raising....an "aggressive war".
Still waiting for your response to the US war on Spain (which was quite incapable of posing any threat to the security of the United States),the invasion of Mexico (one of many,as it turns out) or the invasion of the Philippines (which during the subsequent war cost at least 250,000 Filipino lives,most of them civilians).
Those wars were certainly aggressive wars,weren't they?

I will,in due course,move on to the other elephants lurking in the room.BTW,Germany started two wars during the twentieth century.As I have shown,the US had already started three in the early years before the Germans even got going.

...technically, germany only started one war in the twentieth century. their involvement in the first one was due to their associations with the austro-hungarian empire.

one word of thanks though for reminding me of america's subduing of the moro tribesmen in the phillipines. really proud of that one. also pershing's invasion of mexico in pursuit of pancho villa. how can any foreigner not see us as a peaceful, fun loving country? what rotters.

does this makes me a member of the hate club, billm?

BillM said:
"1912 -- Turkey. - November 18 to December 3. US forces guarded the American legation at Constantinople during a Balkan War.
..because all you've done is back track and try to twist defending our embassy into waging war.
I did no such thing.What I have done is post a list of military events and contained in that list are the aggressive acts by the US. You're being dishonest because you know quite well that I'm right.