Coming this saturday on Semi-Homade: Asian Hot & Spicy

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>RAH wrote:

>> Hey there - Paula Deen does not "bray". She's a sweet ol' thing who
>> obviously loves what she does and has been doing it for years. I also love
>> the fact that she's plump-a-licious and not stick-thin like 99% of tv stars
>> nowadays (hear me, Giada?).

>I can't stand her accent or her loud guffaws. But that said, I saw her
>on another program and she appeared ever so much more likable to me. I
>suppose she wasn't as coarse and loud as she tends to be on her own
>show? And she is way more attractive as an older woman than she ever
>was younger, judging from her home footage.

Is that really footage from her home movies in the opening credits?

That said, she seems like fun.

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

[email protected] wrote:

>Oh Bob! You really ought to invest the half hour required for one
>episode. If you do, slog through the whole 30 minutes, because you've
>got to work through all the elements - the gauzy camera work, the
>theme, the kitchen decor, the fungible appliances, the precious but
>invisible nephews, nieces, neighbors, etc., the nifty shortcuts to A
>list entertaining, the store bought angel food cakes, the Cool Whip,
>the blurred (unless you've paid the product placement fee) labels, the
>fake Rachel Ray chicken broth labels (never heard of Mary Magdalene
>chicken broth?), the tutti frutti but impressively spiked cocktails and
>don't forget the tablescape - not table setting - tablescape. I could
>go on, but I'd be trespassing on Ubi's turf. By the way, I hear that
>Rachel likes having Sandra as a colleague. Sort of gives Rachel that
>Madame Curie cachet that all women secretly crave.

Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

>Barring that, take a peek at the Sandra spoof site, the short name for
>which is "fansofsandra" or scroll through the (ironically) "not about
>food" board on Chowhound. Shouldn't take long to find an extensive
>Sandra thread despite the moderators' admonishment to refrain from
>FoodTV bashing.

Ah, I wondered if http://fansofsandra.proboards36.com/index.cgi was a spoof
but the moderator's name being "OPC" made me suspicious.

This thread on Chowhound is most amusing:
http://www.chowhound.com/boards/notfood/messages/60510.html

>I suspect she's well aware of the scorn that Ubi and others heap on
>her. I doubt she cares whether we like her - as long as we watch.

Judging from the not-so-glowing articles she has quoted on her web
site, I'm inclined to believe she hasn't a clue about the scorn being
heaped upon her.

--
WARNING!!!
Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,

in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
[email protected] wrote on 8/15/05 9:16 AM:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Oh Bob! You really ought to invest the half hour required for one
>> episode. If you do, slog through the whole 30 minutes, because you've
>> got to work through all the elements - the gauzy camera work, the
>> theme, the kitchen decor, the fungible appliances, the precious but
>> invisible nephews, nieces, neighbors, etc., the nifty shortcuts to A
>> list entertaining, the store bought angel food cakes, the Cool Whip,
>> the blurred (unless you've paid the product placement fee) labels, the
>> fake Rachel Ray chicken broth labels (never heard of Mary Magdalene
>> chicken broth?), the tutti frutti but impressively spiked cocktails and
>> don't forget the tablescape - not table setting - tablescape. I could
>> go on, but I'd be trespassing on Ubi's turf. By the way, I hear that
>> Rachel likes having Sandra as a colleague. Sort of gives Rachel that
>> Madame Curie cachet that all women secretly crave.

Radioactive gravy??

> Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
> was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

RR or SLop?
--

You Can't Stop the Signal

In article <BF263D42.4A921%[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
>[email protected] wrote on 8/15/05 9:16 AM:

>> Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
>> was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

>RR or SLop?

SLop, of course. Ever notice how she's almost never in their ads or
bumps or specials?

--
WARNING!!!
Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,
standing in your community and liver function. Use at your own risk!! We
assume no liability from any illness or injury sustained while eating the
"food" or being exposed to crapass tablescapes. And no, we're not sure
where she grew up either. The Cordon Bleu disavows any knowlege of Miss
Lee.

Ubi needs to get a life--his/her drivel reads like a demented 5th
grader. Anyone who actually enjoys Ubi's tripe has a taste for ****.

in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at

> In article <BF263D42.4A921%[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>> in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
>> [email protected] wrote on 8/15/05 9:16 AM:

>>> Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
>>> was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

>> RR or SLop?

> SLop, of course. Ever notice how she's almost never in their ads or
> bumps or specials?

My food network viewing is seriously down anymore, so I wasn't sure. I was
afraid you meant RR; I can see resentment gathering as she picks up her 16th
concurrent series.

--

You Can't Stop the Signal

tsr3 wrote:
> Ubi needs to get a life--his/her drivel reads like a demented 5th
> grader. Anyone who actually enjoys Ubi's tripe has a taste for ****.

But then, there's no accounting for taste is there?

Best regards,
Bob

Ubiquitous wrote:

> Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
> was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

Where did you get this info?

ANIM8Rfsk wrote:

> in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
> [email protected] wrote on 8/15/05 6:26 PM:
>
>> In article <BF263D42.4A921%[email protected]>, [email protected]
>> wrote:
>>> in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at

>>> RR or SLop?

>> SLop, of course. Ever notice how she's almost never in their ads or
>> bumps or specials?

> My food network viewing is seriously down anymore, so I wasn't sure.
> I was afraid you meant RR; I can see resentment gathering as she
> picks up her 16th concurrent series.

My only hope is that they have a Rachel Ray spin-off channel.

in article [email protected], Nick at
[email protected] wrote on 8/16/05 5:52 AM:

> ANIM8Rfsk wrote:
>
>> in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
>> [email protected] wrote on 8/15/05 6:26 PM:

>>> SLop, of course. Ever notice how she's almost never in their ads or
>>> bumps or specials?

>> My food network viewing is seriously down anymore, so I wasn't sure.
>> I was afraid you meant RR; I can see resentment gathering as she
>> picks up her 16th concurrent series.
>>

> My only hope is that they have a Rachel Ray spin-off channel.

a ray of sunshine

all rachel, all the time

30 minute meals, endless desserts

--

You Can't Stop the Signal

Nick wrote:

> > My food network viewing is seriously down anymore, so I wasn't sure.
> > I was afraid you meant RR; I can see resentment gathering as she
> > picks up her 16th concurrent series.
> >

> My only hope is that they have a Rachel Ray spin-off channel.

Yup, that would be great because then the Food channel wouldn't have 16
of her programs on every day, and there would be room for better stuff.

If I didn't have to listen to her fake colloquial English, it wouldn't
be quite so bad. She drops every single "g"...so annoying.

N.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>"ANIM8Rfsk" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> in article [email protected], RAH at [email protected]
>> wrote on 8/13/05 9:16 AM:

>> > Oh, you've missed so much. Emeril TV became Tyler Florence TV which
>> > became Bobby Flay TV which became Rachael Ray TV.
>> >

>> so Emeril morphed into 3 generations of women?

>Wow - you have been gone awhile. I don't know how to break this to you, but
>Tyler Florence and Bobby Flay aren't women - and while I can imagine Tyler
>in drag, "Bobbie" Flay would be as painful to the eyes as one of Sandra
>Lee's tablescapes.

You have to admit that Flay is sporting some impressive man-tits now.

[email protected] wrote:
>Ubiquitous wrote:

>> Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
>> was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

>Where did you get this info?

It's quite obvious, actually. Haven't you noticed how FN rarely promotes
Snadra's show and only involves her in their specials in the most
periphiary way they can, meaning "she doesn't cook"?

SLop is never featured in their "Cooking with Kids" promos.

SLop's involvement with their promotion in which they catered a couple's
wedding was an embarassing two minutes telling the couple what flowers
to chose.

Etc.

--

Ubiquitous wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> Thanks! I have never heard of RR being chummy with SLop before now. I
>>> was under the impression she isn't too well-liked at FN.

>> Where did you get this info?

> It's quite obvious, actually. Haven't you noticed how FN rarely promotes
> Snadra's show and only involves her in their specials in the most
> periphiary way they can, meaning "she doesn't cook"?
>
> SLop is never featured in their "Cooking with Kids" promos.
>
> SLop's involvement with their promotion in which they catered a couple's
> wedding was an embarassing two minutes telling the couple what flowers
> to chose.
>
> Etc.

So, what you mean is, you are making it up?

Nick said:
> Ubiquitous wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> Where did you get this info?

< the big snip >
>> Etc.

> So, what you mean is, you are making it up?

Being a no-life, obsessive loser is not an easy task. Leave him
be, it's not nice to pick on the mentally deficient.

--
So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
have some sympathy, and some taste.

[email protected] wrote:
>Ubiquitous wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> Where did you get this info?

>> It's quite obvious, actually. Haven't you noticed how FN rarely promotes
>> Snadra's show and only involves her in their specials in the most
>> periphiary way they can, meaning "she doesn't cook"?
>>
>> SLop is never featured in their "Cooking with Kids" promos.
>>
>> SLop's involvement with their promotion in which they catered a couple's
>> wedding was an embarassing two minutes telling the couple what flowers
>> to chose.
>>
>> Etc.

>So, what you mean is, you are making it up?

Umm, what part of my explaination do you not understand?

--

Ubiquitous wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> It's quite obvious, actually. Haven't you noticed how FN rarely
>>> promotes Snadra's show and only involves her in their specials in
>>> the most periphiary way they can, meaning "she doesn't cook"?
>>>
>>> SLop is never featured in their "Cooking with Kids" promos.
>>>
>>> SLop's involvement with their promotion in which they catered a
>>> couple's wedding was an embarassing two minutes telling the couple
>>> what flowers to chose.
>>>
>>> Etc.

>> So, what you mean is, you are making it up?

> Umm, what part of my explaination do you not understand?

You are assuming that because she isn't a large part of other programs on
the food network it is because they don't like her when it could be that
she doesn't want to be involved.

[email protected] says...
>Ubiquitous wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> So, what you mean is, you are making it up?

>> Umm, what part of my explaination do you not understand?

>You are assuming that because she isn't a large part of other programs on
>the food network it is because they don't like her when it could be that
>she doesn't want to be involved.

Why would she not be interested in promoting her own show? She's
clearly being snubbed.

OK, I also know that AB had some choice words to say at one of his
book signings but declined to share them with us. I'm just sayin'.

--

Ubiquitous wrote:

> [email protected] says...
>> Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> Umm, what part of my explaination do you not understand?

>> You are assuming that because she isn't a large part of other
>> programs on the food network it is because they don't like her
>> when it could be that she doesn't want to be involved.

> Why would she not be interested in promoting her own show? She's
> clearly being snubbed.
>
> OK, I also know that AB had some choice words to say at one of his
> book signings but declined to share them with us. I'm just sayin'.

Perhaps his words were, "What a hottie!"