Coming to amsterdam on the 20th Dec

phazer

Jun 29, 2005
Will I be able to do any riding, due to the weather? If not, any other suggestions, what's the nearest place to go snowboard, somewhere in france or germany perhaps? Any other suggestions on where to go in Amsterdam and surround areas?

phazer said:
Will I be able to do any riding, due to the weather? If not, any other suggestions, what's the nearest place to go snowboard, somewhere in france or germany perhaps? Any other suggestions on where to go in Amsterdam and surround areas?
Check out any VVV "tourist office" in Amsterdam for all your information.
You can check out their site but it's in Dutch.
cheers

of course you can ride - it'll likely be cold and wet though! Snow boarding – no problem – we have it all here in South Limburg!

Phazer – there is a lot to see here, your best bet is to pick up a good travel book (Frommers, sp) and a good map – otherwise I think you will be overwhelmed with the things you will want to see! All of the attractions, and museums and things in Amsterdam alone could be a week’s vacation – and you’d still have a list of things to see…

Snow World is not far from Maastricht, Valkenberg, or Aachen, all great places to visit – and ride!

http://www.snowworld.nl/snowworld.htm

HR