Comments on Crate Works Bike Box

Tom Nelson

Guest
Any comments good or bad on Crate Works Bike Boxes for air travel?

Thanks

For some time I've been collecting information on user experiences taking bikes on planes, trains,
buses, boats, etc. There's lots of stuff on rentals, folding bikes, boxing, airlines, and railroads
around the world and how to ride in/out of about 120 airports.

There are 4 pretty old notes on Crateworks. Lots of stuff on other boxes.

See it at http://www.BikeAccess.net

Tom Nelson wrote:
> Any comments good or bad on Crate Works Bike Boxes for air travel?
>
> Thanks

Tom:

We have used them on two trips so far (to Ontario and France), and are pleased with them. They are
stronger and, with their obvious handles, more easily handled than cardboard bike boxes. One
important reason we got them is that they fit the size constraints for transport on the TGV trains
in France (although French trains and bikes seem always to be changing their relationship).

We have had parts broken on our bikes twice with cardboard bike boxes and so far these seem good.

... Greg Shannan