comments

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Arthg, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Arthg

    Arthg Guest

    From http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu-tourchallengers&prov=reuters&type=lgns

    Ullrich: "We rode really well and got the result we were looking for. It wasn't easy and we were all
    very tired after the stage but it was worth it.

    Simoni: "It's a huge disappointment to lose so much time to Armstrong. I was sure we would do a good
    ride and that's why I talked up our chances before the stage. Unfortunately half the team was riding
    well and half were not having a great day. After the team time trial my Tour de France has changed.
    I thought I'd be able to fight for the yellow jersey on the climb to L'Alpe d'Huez, now I'm going to
    have to find some new motivation and most of all find a new race plan."

    Beloki: "Armstrong isn't as strong as he was in the last few years so we'll see what happens when he
    has to defend the race lead in the Alps"

    I think Ullrich's statement shows he has class.

    Simoni is taking back what he said earlier about hurting LA in the mountains.

    LA will be motivated to spank Beloki for his comment.

  2. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Arthg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > From http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu-tourchallengers&prov=reuters&type=lgns
    >

    > Ullrich: "We rode really well and got the result we were looking for. It wasn't easy and we were
    > all very tired after the stage but it was worth it.
    >
    > Simoni: "It's a huge disappointment to lose so much time to Armstrong. I was sure we would do a
    > good ride and that's why I talked up our chances before the stage. Unfortunately half the team was
    > riding well and half were not having a great day. After the team time trial my Tour de France has
    > changed. I thought I'd be able to fight for the yellow jersey on the climb to L'Alpe d'Huez, now
    > I'm going to have to find some new motivation and most of all find a new race plan."
    >
    > Beloki: "Armstrong isn't as strong as he was in the last few years so we'll see what happens when
    > he has to defend the race lead in the Alps"
    >
    > I think Ullrich's statement shows he has class.

    Ullrich's stock definitely went up. I hope he has an excellent weekend and into Monday's Mountain
    stage with an a First and an Hors category climb.

    > Simoni is taking back what he said earlier about hurting LA in the mountains.

    You stole the words right out of my mouth (err... keyboard). Now Gilberto has an excuse.

    > LA will be motivated to spank Beloki for his comment.

    Beloki -- Armstrong not as strong? WTF? LANCE will NOT show his cards this early Beloki; have you
    not learned Texas Draw Poker?

    LANCE is weaker in 2003... right... that's how US Postal won the TTT... LANCE is weaker. I get it.

    -Ken

  3. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)

    >LANCE is weaker in 2003... right... that's how US Postal won the TTT... LANCE is weaker. I get it.
    >
    >-Ken

    You know what Ken? I think Lance is plateaued. Same Lance different year. Jan seems to finally
    have his mind and body in the same place for once. I was picking 1. Lance 2. Tyler 3. Jan based on
    Jan's layoff and Riis' experience. Now I'm picking Jan for a VERY close second and Tyler out. I
    think Riis will convince him to drop and win the Vuelta. Bill C.

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > >From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)
    >
    > >LANCE is weaker in 2003... right... that's how US Postal won the TTT... LANCE is weaker. I
    > >get it.
    > >
    > >-Ken
    > >

    > You know what Ken? I think Lance is plateaued. Same Lance different
    year. Jan
    > seems to finally have his mind and body in the same place for once. I was picking 1. Lance 2.
    > Tyler 3. Jan based on Jan's layoff and Riis'
    experience.
    > Now I'm picking Jan for a VERY close second and Tyler out. I think Riis
    will
    > convince him to drop and win the Vuelta. Bill C.

    CSC has business interests in Spain, it is not so? A great Tour performance (which includes limping
    in and getting accolades for being a stud with a broken collarbone) trumps a Vuelta win, but maybe
    they can manage both? I think Riis will yank him if the publicity wins, so as to keep the options
    for the Vuelta open.

    As far as Lance goes, I would say that Beloki is correct. Lance is but a fraction of what he was in
    2001. That fraction is about 998/1000. Not much hope for Beloki though. Beloki would have to beat 2
    athletes that he has never beaten before (in the Tour).

  5. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Nick Burns wrote:
    > As far as Lance goes, I would say that Beloki is correct. Lance is but a fraction of what he was
    > in 2001. That fraction is about 998/1000. Not much hope for Beloki though. Beloki would have to
    > beat 2 athletes that he has never beaten before (in the Tour).

    It is nice to see the spirit though. It would be (more) boring if Lance's competitors all conceded.

  6. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)
    >
    > >LANCE is weaker in 2003... right... that's how US Postal won the TTT... LANCE is weaker. I
    > >get it.
    > >
    > >-Ken
    > >

    > You know what Ken? I think Lance is plateaued. Same Lance different year. Jan seems to finally
    > have his mind and body in the same place for once. I was picking 1. Lance 2. Tyler 3. Jan based
    > on Jan's layoff and Riis' experience. Now I'm picking Jan for a VERY close second and Tyler out.
    > I think Riis will convince him to drop and win the Vuelta.

    We agree "in toto."

    -Ken