Common question, what is this ti bike frame

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bonzaii, Mar 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bonzaii

Bonzaii New Member

G'Day all,

I enjoy building up bikes from all sorts of bits in my spare time. I bought a titanium frame, good condition but old. With no marks. And id be very interested finding out what is actually is.

1 inch steerer
    Non replaceable hanger
    Cable guides placed much further foarward than im used to.
    Serial is 0R0070036
    Carve Carbon wishbone style stay

Pictures attached.

I really would appreciate any help, I have found a very simular aluminium bike that the seller thought was an old shop team frame custom built, but it sold 3 years ago.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:

2. Helolumpy

Helolumpy New Member

I oringally thought it may be an Airborne Manhattan Project but the top tube looks level and Airbones always had an angled top tube.

I got a Zepplin which is full Ti in 1999 and in 2000’they released the Manhattan Porject.

They both had 1’inch steerer tubes but in 2002 switched to 1 1/8 inch.

3. Bonzaii

Bonzaii New Member

Ooh thats quite close, only difference is the cut of the Ti where it meets the carbon stay theres a couple that are simular, the airbourne one of the only ones of seen that has head tube mounted cable guides.

My current guess is maybe an early il Massimo, their bikes are veeery simular, but i cant find any clues on their serial numbers :/ so I cant confirm

4. Bonzaii

Bonzaii New Member

Ok so definitly not il Mossimo, 5 letter serials apparently. Still not any closer tbh. Trying to find any custom builders who might have been looking over the shoulder of a few more popular brands. Unsure if it could be an early asian no name brand build