Communication while on tour - cell phone, e-mail, etc.

goop/glue small closed cell foam blocks to the unit soas when it's dropped it'll bounce! read "DIY"
in bike.tech for "DIY chain guard 2$" keep the tour chain clean 50% longer before the chain weevils
come to get you.

Bruce wrote :
> For email, I'd think the obvious solution--depending on public libraries and net cafes and
> such--would work fine. Cheap, lets you travel light (no equipment needed), etc. The only
> preparation required might be to set up a some sort of free web-based email so you could still
> access it from braindead web-only kiosks.

www.mail2web.com lets you read your own ISP account's messages, using your own hand and password.
Often it's faster than one's own ISP's software (especially when the cable modem buddies have
attached h-u-g-e photos). Doesn't work with AOL, but their eponymous website does.

HTH --Karen M.

"Gary German" <gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Frank Krygowski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > So, three of us are planning an extended tour. Presently, we've got one cell phone, which
> > somehow seems to offer very spotty coverage - as in, no service when we tried to use it just
> > south of Cleveland Ohio on the turnpike!

I recently starting using https://www.onesuite.com/ long distance at
2.9 cents per minute for USA calls and to Canada for 3.5. It is basically a prepaid phone card but
you can do away with the PIN for calls from home. There is a surchage for calls from payphones. If
you use the promotion code "034720367" we both get some free miniutes. Being frugal, I get ISP for
ISP for $5.75 a month: from http://www.neandertech.com/ .