Communication while on tour - Pocketmail worked great for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Velonut

For the past couple of years I have carried around my little Pocketmailer. I originally bought it to
ride from FL to DC in 2000. You must buy the device and then the service. The small device (it
really is small) uploads and downloads automatically.

Worked great. I even used it from Germany. There I bought a calling card for 10 DM and used tht card
to access the Pocketmail service. I figure it cost me about 20 cents to check my mail from Germany.

The service costs about $16 per month and is accessed through a toll free number. I turn it on and
off depending on my needs. Right now it is turned off and the pocketmailer is sitting forlornly in a
dresser drawer waiting for my next extended trip.

I find that the Pocketmailer and my Sprint PCS cell fone provide reliable communication while on the
road. Everywhile once in a while I would encounter a pay phone in such bad shape that the
pocketmailer could not connect to the toll free number. In that case had to search around a bit to
find a good one.

Click on Pocketmail.com. I do not have any stock in the company - just a satisfied user.

HTH

Regards & Tailwinds from the Velo Nut

Dale V Lally Jr Pompano Beach FL 33064 [email protected]

Lally, Dale V Jr. "German Chronicle in the History of the Ohio Valley and its Capital City
Cincinnati in Particular" published by Heritage Books, 1992 (www.heritagebooks.com). Translated from
the original German "Deutscher Chronik in der Geschichte des Ohio-thales und seiner Hauptstadt
Cincinnati in's besondere" by Emil Klauprecht (Cincinnati: 1864).

Bell, Trudy & Dale Lally. "Best Bike Rides in NY NJ & PA" Globe-Pequot Press:1999
www.globe-pequot.com

Lally, Dale V Jr. "Bed, Breakfast & Bike Mississippi Valley" Anacus Press:2001 www.anacus.com

The person with experience has little to learn from the person with theory.

Regards from the Velo Nut

Dale V Lally Jr W0OWF Pompano Beach FL [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.