Commute by Bicycle --Get Fit-- Save Gas-- Have Fun-- Win your next Race!!! YA!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by John, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi all,

    Just a short note to let you know that www.bikecommute.com has grown. We now have 342 bicycle
    commuter bios from all over the world.

    When you visit us you can search the commuter bios using the scroll banner at the top of the page
    you can read the details (routes, commuter stories, and more) by clicking on the record number,

    You can also add your own commuter bio, let the world know how great it is to ride a bike to work
    or school.

    If your thinking of starting to commute by bicycle our links page has many web resources for your
    further research, and/or post a message or question on our message board.

    You can also send animated bicycle eCards to your cycling buddies.

    As always we are also looking to post your bicycle commuter stories and pictures. Send us an email
    if you would like to contribute.

    Lastly, the www.bikecommute.com site services are free, However, you can help support us, When your
    going to buy a book or item on the web click through to one of our sponsors from www.bikecommute.com
    for your purchase. We thank you

    John Meacham [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

  3. A few years ago, a buddy and I were both commuting to work on our bikes, and we would volunteer at
    the 7-11 Olympic Velodrome on race days. We were talking to one of the fine Masters racers, Jerry
    Woodruff, about fitness for racing, and he called commuting "junk miles".

    When you think about it, he probably has a point. Even if you plan some intervals into your commute,
    traffic conditions could keep you from getting to do them at the same place and time each ride.
    Also, you are somewhat at the mercy of traffic signals if you're trying to ride without lots of
    "rest intervals".

    Still, at my age and condition, commuting is a good option for getting time on the bike. And, when I
    carpool, I often find myself wishing that day was a riding day instead.