Commuter Bike Considerations: Riding to Work is Not the Tour de France

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ghostgum, May 2, 2006.

  1. In aus.bicycle on Tue, 09 May 2006 16:49:51 +1000
    Random Data <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Nah, just pull stoppies :). I found myself doing one coming back down
    > from about 60km/h the other day. And I've had a few occasions on the road
    > where my (MTB based) commuter's rear wheel has come up under panic
    > braking, and I've survived OK. That kind of thing does get interesting.

    The bent's back wheel is very easy to lock, and I have trouble feeling
    when it's about to. I just notice when it does as the back slides a
    bit and think "hmm, better back off that brake a bit".

    So far, haven't got the front to even think about locking or sliding.

    See what happens when I get a disk on it :)

    Zebee

  2. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Random Data wrote:

    > Mountain bikers do it all the time (phwoar!)

    No wonder I'm so tired...

    Parbs

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    I foresee an outbreak of crap recycled jokes coming on .. :D