Commuter Bike Considerations: Riding to Work is Not the Tour de France

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 09 May 2006 16:49:51 +1000
Random Data <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nah, just pull stoppies :). I found myself doing one coming back down
> from about 60km/h the other day. And I've had a few occasions on the road
> where my (MTB based) commuter's rear wheel has come up under panic
> braking, and I've survived OK. That kind of thing does get interesting.

The bent's back wheel is very easy to lock, and I have trouble feeling
when it's about to. I just notice when it does as the back slides a
bit and think "hmm, better back off that brake a bit".

So far, haven't got the front to even think about locking or sliding.

See what happens when I get a disk on it :)

Zebee

Random Data wrote:

> Mountain bikers do it all the time (phwoar!)

No wonder I'm so tired...

Parbs

I foresee an outbreak of **** recycled jokes coming on .. :D