Commuter use of long underseat panniers on a Gold Rush

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Nathan Congdon, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. I'm using a GRR for a 5-6 day/wk 12 mile R/T urban commute, and have been very happy with the Aero
    Trunk for this purpose: holds everything but the kitchen sink, and is easy to put on and take off.
    But I am ordering a Ti Rush, and am planning to ride socked. THe tail assembly will preclude use of
    the Aero Trunk with the sock on (I believe), and so I'm thinking about switching to the lloonngg
    panniers, both because I often carry a lot of stuff for work, and because they are waterproof. Two
    questions, though:

    1. Will a small laptop (Dell's lighter version) fit in the lloonngg panniers?

    2. How easy (estimated time) are they to snap on and off? And will the presence of a sock on the
    bike make this a more time consuming process?

    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

    Regards, Nathan

    Tags:

  2. Avgrin

    Avgrin Guest

    B"H

    Nathan, what may accommodate your new requirement is a Midship pannier from X-eyed Design. John
    Schliter, formerly of Rans, designed one for Tour Easy and it should fit Ti-Rush. This pannier
    mounts under the seat and improves bike's stability.

    Victor

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Nathan Congdon) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm using a GRR for a 5-6 day/wk 12 mile R/T urban commute, and have been very happy with the Aero
    > Trunk for this purpose: holds everything but the kitchen sink, and is easy to put on and take off.
    > But I am ordering a Ti Rush, and am planning to ride socked. THe tail assembly will preclude use
    > of the Aero Trunk with the sock on (I believe), and so I'm thinking about switching to the
    > lloonngg panniers, both because I often carry a lot of stuff for work, and because they are
    > waterproof. Two questions, though:

    Nathan, I think you'll be able to fit your Aero Trunk under the body sock, Access to the contents
    might be a problem- but you could have an extra zipper sewn into the top of the sock behind the head
    slot for access. Customizing the sock is easy- tell 'em what you want.

    > 1. Will a small laptop (Dell's lighter version) fit in the lloonngg panniers?
    >
    > 2. How easy (estimated time) are they to snap on and off? And will the presence of a sock on the
    > bike make this a more time consuming process?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

    I think Wo Smith will be able to answer your questions better than me. She usually hangs out on the
    Easy Racer forums: http://www.easyracers.com/vbb/

    Jeff