Commuter use of long underseat panniers on a Gold Rush

Nathan Congdon

Guest
I'm using a GRR for a 5-6 day/wk 12 mile R/T urban commute, and have been very happy with the Aero
Trunk for this purpose: holds everything but the kitchen sink, and is easy to put on and take off.
But I am ordering a Ti Rush, and am planning to ride socked. THe tail assembly will preclude use of
the Aero Trunk with the sock on (I believe), and so I'm thinking about switching to the lloonngg
panniers, both because I often carry a lot of stuff for work, and because they are waterproof. Two
questions, though:

1. Will a small laptop (Dell's lighter version) fit in the lloonngg panniers?

2. How easy (estimated time) are they to snap on and off? And will the presence of a sock on the
bike make this a more time consuming process?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Regards, Nathan

B"H

Nathan, what may accommodate your new requirement is a Midship pannier from X-eyed Design. John
Schliter, formerly of Rans, designed one for Tour Easy and it should fit Ti-Rush. This pannier
mounts under the seat and improves bike's stability.

Victor

[email protected] (Nathan Congdon) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm using a GRR for a 5-6 day/wk 12 mile R/T urban commute, and have been very happy with the Aero
> Trunk for this purpose: holds everything but the kitchen sink, and is easy to put on and take off.
> But I am ordering a Ti Rush, and am planning to ride socked. THe tail assembly will preclude use
> of the Aero Trunk with the sock on (I believe), and so I'm thinking about switching to the
> lloonngg panniers, both because I often carry a lot of stuff for work, and because they are
> waterproof. Two questions, though:

Nathan, I think you'll be able to fit your Aero Trunk under the body sock, Access to the contents
might be a problem- but you could have an extra zipper sewn into the top of the sock behind the head
slot for access. Customizing the sock is easy- tell 'em what you want.

> 1. Will a small laptop (Dell's lighter version) fit in the lloonngg panniers?
>
> 2. How easy (estimated time) are they to snap on and off? And will the presence of a sock on the
> bike make this a more time consuming process?
>
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I think Wo Smith will be able to answer your questions better than me. She usually hangs out on the
Easy Racer forums: http://www.easyracers.com/vbb/

Jeff