Commuting in Perth

Andrew Price

Guest
Heard today that a new office building (Woodside) in Perth will have 200
bike racks, the same number as the car parking spaces in the building.

Suggests that commuting by bike may be much bigger in the west than back
east.

Can anyone from the Western Division of aus.bicycle confirm if that is the
case? - would be an interesting and good development in our town planning
'fitwere true.

best, Andrew

Andrew Price <[email protected]> wrote:
> Heard today that a new office building (Woodside) in Perth will have 200
> bike racks, the same number as the car parking spaces in the building.

I think that woodside were doing a deal where they bought some staff cycles
and they were allowed to keep them if they did a certain mileage on them
per month or whatever.

till

> > Heard today that a new office building (Woodside) in Perth will have 200
> > bike racks, the same number as the car parking spaces in the building.

Cycling in Perth is a joy - lots of bike paths, relatively flat... lots
of people riding, even in the wet winters.

The present Woodside building has 25-30 racks which, when I worked
there, were always maxxed out. They also have good shower facilities
and lockers, an added bonus. A number of city buildings have lockup
storage facilities and showers for a nominal fee to their staff.

Lyn

the cynic in me says they've done a deal which involves fewer parking spaces
and therefore greatly reduces the cost of the building, or gets them out of
a particular planning requirement...
however, good on them anyway.

news:[email protected]...